Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rick Harvey

Potential poaching
« on: 14/04/2018 at 12:11 »
Hi I'm watching a couple of people who are probably poaching on the ury out my window, they are either bait fishing or spinning and don't look like your typical anglers.

Any idea if anyone (Gillie etc) who would be interested to have a chat with them about permits etc?

Fred Hay

Re: Potential poaching
« Reply #1 on: 14/04/2018 at 12:46 »
Where about on the Ury ?
Below Osprey Village or behind the Bass area or below the Recycling Plant ?
The Bailiffs can be contacted on 07836 645510 or 07836 645509 (Jim Kerr and Martin Webster respectively) give them a call and let them know.

Rick Harvey

« Reply #2 on: 14/04/2018 at 16:28 »
It was by the horse shoe pool next to the new foot bridge at osprey village. If I see them back will give the Bailiffs a shout.

Thanks

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 16/04/2018 at 08:21 »
We came across a couple of people poaching the Isla two sundays ago, fishing flying C's and had obviously been drinking. Every 20 minutes of so a can or bottle would float past us!

When in the middle of nowhere its very difficult to challenge someone, especially if they are drunk, in case it all goes wrong. We reported them using the 101 number, along with their car registration. Unfortunately we got a call back later in the evening saying they could not take it further as the car was unregistered, untaxed, had no mot and was uninsured and therefore they could not trace the "anglers".

It would have been handy if the issuing club (Strathmore) had a number on the permit.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com