Sounds good to me.
My #4 does love a wee troot or two!

That was with an SLX but she much prefers a pale olive GT90 now  :z16
I am sure you will love it  :z12
 :z1

Rob Brownfield

Re: John Norris Guideline Fario CRS Sale
« Reply #16 on: 18/04/2018 at 08:09 »
Was way too windy to fish last night, but I have had a cast on the casting pond.

Very light...stupidly light to tell the truth, and a very low swing weight.

I used a Joan Wulff Triangle Taper and an SLX on it. Preferred the JW in that it felt delicate and produced incredible loops. The SLX however was better in the wind.

Very different rod to the standard Fario, more steely in the lower section with a bit more poke. Probably ideal for a windy river Don.

Seriously considering ordering he 5 weight as well!

Only annoying thing, no alignment dots on the blank.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #17 on: 18/04/2018 at 08:10 »
Sounds good to me.
My #4 does love a wee troot or two!

That was with an SLX but she much prefers a pale olive GT90 now  :z16
I am sure you will love it  :z12

Is that a standard Fario??

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #18 on: 18/04/2018 at 08:51 »
Damn it!! Nipped out for another cast....just ordered the 6 weight as well....grrrrrrrr.

That should see me for all river conditions and tactics, two quality carbon and one quality glass :)

I cant see me flinging tungsten with the CRS...just in case...so the glass rod will roll out for that job.

Euan Innes

« Reply #19 on: 18/04/2018 at 14:00 »
Is that a standard Fario??
Yes it is Rob.
I got it almost four years ago for a significant birthday. From me to me with love! :wink
And I got the Barrio reel for the same birthday from the guys at work.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #20 on: 18/04/2018 at 15:50 »
Yes it is Rob.
I got it almost four years ago for a significant birthday. From me to me with love! :wink
And I got the Barrio reel for the same birthday from the guys at work.

Seems they have dropped the accented handle, its just plain cork now. Shame as I really like it. The CRS in the Guideline video has the coloured accents, but the production model doesn't.

Have to say the cork is not that great either, a lot of filler. seems a common criticism of Guideline rods now. Will see what the 6 weight is like :)

James Laraway

« Reply #21 on: 18/04/2018 at 16:37 »
Seems they have dropped the accented handle, its just plain cork now. Shame as I really like it. The CRS in the Guideline video has the coloured accents, but the production model doesn't.

Have to say the cork is not that great either, a lot of filler. seems a common criticism of Guideline rods now. Will see what the 6 weight is like :)

no fancy cork ? At that price ? Its a total outrage
 :z13

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #22 on: 18/04/2018 at 23:04 »
Got to be honest, never even looked at the cork. I just want to see how it casts and hopefully how it handles some trout this weekend. 👍👍😄😄

Eddie

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #23 on: 19/04/2018 at 08:03 »
Got to be honest, never even looked at the cork. I just want to see how it casts and hopefully how it handles some trout this weekend. 👍👍😄😄

Eddie

I was out last night with it. With a dry fly, it was an absolute pleasure to cast. With a duo rig and a 2.5mm tungsten bead, pretty damn good, I was surprised. With a wool indicator and a 5mm bead, fishable, but not recommended.

The Joan Wulff line is perhaps a little too light for it for general work, but with the dry, sublime. I need to try a GT90 on it I think.

Can't wait for the 6 weight to turn up, I reckon it will make an awesome streamer/heavy duo/indicator rig rod.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #24 on: 19/04/2018 at 12:52 »

The Joan Wulff line is perhaps a little too light for it for general work, but with the dry, sublime. I need to try a GT90 on it I think.

👍 I hope you're right as its the GT90 that I ordered to go with mine 😎

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #25 on: 19/04/2018 at 14:44 »
6 weight turned up today! Much smiling involved! Only have one 6 weight line which I think may also be a little bit too delicate so that will have to wait.

I only have a 5 weight GT, so I cannot give a definitive answer, but I am going to try it on the 4 since I will be fishing a smallish river/biggish burn tonight that requires fairly short casts. Overlining should let me do this nicely.

Iain Stewart

« Reply #26 on: 19/04/2018 at 21:38 »
Andy, I already have the 5# and it's superb  :z16

:z18

Steven.

You and yer dad are a bad influence on me. That is a cheeky wee 9’ 5wt 6 piece on its way to a new hame.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #27 on: 20/04/2018 at 12:02 »
[quote authcor=Iain Stewart link=topic=8168.msg67819#msg67819 date=1524170333]

[/quote]

:z4 speaking of which did senior inform you of the landy for sake in Stoney?  :wink

:z18

Steven.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 20/04/2018 at 12:48 »
"Landy for sake" :?

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #29 on: 20/04/2018 at 17:25 »
"Landy for sake" :?

Either someone wants to swap for a Japanese alchoholic beverage or it is for sale

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com