Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Mark Bilsby leaves the River Dee
« on: 23/03/2018 at 18:22 »
Well I was slightly taken aback by the news that came my way today that River Dee Director Mark Bilsby is leaving his role to take a new post with the Atlantic Salmon Trust  :z10

I've bumped into Mark on and off for over fifteen years - I'm sure many can say the same - and I've always been taken by his 'can do, will do it' approach to work.  Always thought he was a genuinely nice bloke, Deeside will miss him and there’s a great opportunity for the right person to succeed him and build on the work done  :z16

They're looking for his replacement now.

It's a shame for the Dee, but somehow I'm pleased that the AST is gaining one of our best and I am hopeful his 'can do, will do' approach to AST affairs will move that organisation forward  :z18

Ivor Duffus

Re: Mark Bilsby leaves the River Dee
« Reply #1 on: 24/03/2018 at 12:35 »
I was at a Don AGM when someone asked MB about a hatchery. His reply was fairly interesting  certainly come across not a fan of hatchery's or at least that is how it seemed to me.

For the Don at least i agree with what said about opening up new spawning areas  with removing weirs etc  . The Dee on the other hand has done loads of habitat improvements  with little in the way of better catches although the when i fished the Dee last August it was stuffed with stale fish.

Interesting to see who takes over and the see what happens in the future regarding hatchery's on the Dee.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com