Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

New toy.....
« on: 23/03/2018 at 17:56 »
So in a big treat to me  (just me, no-one else but me, just me  :wink) I made a wee purchase which arrived today..... now follows some pics of the unpacking:

Well wrapped.... 

Really well packed....

Hmmmm..........

Drooling....

Yum :!

I'm going to get this loaded up and used within the next week. Boy... it is loud but in a good old school on steroids type way. I love it  :z16 I wanted something solid and just that wee bit different to the mainstream and this is it, feels a lot more solid than the Hardy Cascapedia (which was a possibility) and it's not as much of a wide-boy as the Loop Classic. Nice toy.

I'm not paranoid about using it one little bit  :shock

:z18

Mike Barrio

Re: New toy.....
« Reply #1 on: 23/03/2018 at 18:19 »
Nice one Hamish :z12

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: 23/03/2018 at 20:10 »
Lovely bit of smutter Hamish, are you becoming a Tackle tart?  :z12  Derek Roxborough

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 23/03/2018 at 21:20 »
Never any doubt about it Derek, I am a complete tackle tart  :wink

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 24/03/2018 at 00:46 »
OK Tart,
Nice to see that it is named after the store you got it from, 7/11 which I am sure is not as bad as 9/11 :z7
I usually know when you have hooked a fish because you scream like a girl (or at least like my mum) my name so at least the reel will sound better than that.
Does it make the same noise when it is up yer rectum or has SWMBO let you away with it???? :z7 :z7 :z7
Looks ace btw, and can't wait to hear it.

:z1

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 24/03/2018 at 09:43 »
SWMBO has been remarkably calm about it all  :shock
I put this down to the distraction of a (nearly) four year old running around the place generally winding her up :wink
There is method in my madness  :z7

Dave Felce

« Reply #6 on: 24/03/2018 at 19:29 »
to  mis-quote an old saying, "money spent on quality kit is rarely wasted". looks beautiful. i got a Tibor last year and it's better than a Swiss watch  :z18

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #7 on: 24/03/2018 at 23:06 »
and here's me with My SKB, and I thought I was being extravagant, I would like a Dormisch Abse but I think they stopped making them,  :z8 Derek Roxborough

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 25/03/2018 at 08:10 »
That Dormisch reel is very similar in concept to the Shooot Backwinder (hubless design) but looks a whole lot more sophisticated Derek, like the look of that. I had a Backwinder for a while, nice reel, but I've only ever seen the Dormisch reels in the pages of FF&FT.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #9 on: 25/03/2018 at 12:51 »
Yes Hamish I have the pic in a scrap book, they are made in Argentina, but very hard to find out any thing else, Derek Roxborough

James Laraway

« Reply #10 on: 26/03/2018 at 15:31 »
this was what i was using last thurs...

Mr Young is no longer the 'king of bling'  :z13

Hamish Young

« Reply #11 on: 26/03/2018 at 20:02 »
James, I'm just a tackle tart 👍

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #12 on: 26/03/2018 at 22:50 »
So James do you wear dark glasses while you fish with that set up, ?it is very Blingy, but I have an electric blue reel with out the jazzy bits, you cant lose them though can you? not like the Cammo one that is still up the hill some where, that was an expensive day out  :X1 Derek Roxborough

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com