Mike Barrio

Re: The River Deveron Trout Festival
« Reply #17 on: 07/05/2018 at 12:18 »
Great stuff Sandy :z12

Allan Liddle

« Reply #18 on: 08/05/2018 at 18:45 »
Not sure about Labs

Weather was glorious but not quite fishing conditions, ah well never mind.

It was a tough couple of days with the fish found hiding in just a couple of runs on each beat, but we did find a few.

Plenty small stuff and a few nices ones to boot.

Nothing huge landed, but one or two destroyed some very strong hooks :shock

On sunday the Olive Uprights stareted to Hatch, but even they failed to bring much to the surface.

Still there were fish to be found if you walked and explored the beat, again most of them all hiding in one run.

No monsters, but enough to make the day feel like it was worth battling the wind for.

So a couple of nice days fishing on Beats not that easily accesible at other times, its always fun exploring new water and thats what the weekend is about for me. Many thanks to Frank for keeping it going this year and hopefully we got a few scale samples for the Trust, so they can keep their research going. :z16

Sandy

glad you found fish Sandy, we did well Friday and Saturday with only me finding wee troots on the nymphs Sunday

Allan Liddle

« Reply #19 on: 08/05/2018 at 18:49 »
Retriever.

I heard the conditions were quite tough over the weekend  :z10

I often get attention from a friendly (fox reddish) Lab as well as a chocolate broon yin when out fishing  :z4

Yup conditions were tough but still some excellent fishing and some cracking fish caught / returned

Hamish Young

« Reply #20 on: 08/05/2018 at 19:48 »
I asked about the dog as my sister was out walking her 'hoard' of hounds and my Mum & Dads two dogs.... a black lab (she was well behaved) and a Golden Retriever (who is both large and a handful) who apparently gave an angler some 'special loving' at the rivers edge.
My sister was so mortified she walked them straight back to my folks house.......

If it had been a forum member I might have felt obliged to buy them a pint at some point. But it would seem not, so I'll have the pint myself  :z7

H :z13

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com