Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Glasgow Angling Centre Open Weekend Postponed
« on: 01/03/2018 at 12:48 »
[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/events/1201144930015379/permalink/1231299663666572/[/facebook]

Jim Eddie

Re: Glasgow Angling Centre Open Weekend Postponed
« Reply #1 on: 01/03/2018 at 21:09 »
No big surprise with the state of the roads in the Central belt

:z18

Jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 02/03/2018 at 07:38 »
Aye, I only just escaped from South Queensferry yesterday in my hire car having been delayed by 18 hours on health and safety grounds  :z10  To be fair, it was really quite unpleasant.
Yesterday when I did 'escape' the main roads were OK on the whole although it was more than a bit dodgy from Kinross all the way to Perth.
Amazingly, twenty miles past Perth heading North, the snow had gone from the roads and there was next to bugger all traffic.
Which was nice, for a change  :z16

I was on the phone to a few folk who were supposed to be travelling to the GAC event and 'strongly recommending' that they delay travelling - common sense and the right decision to pull the event this weekend.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #3 on: 02/03/2018 at 09:09 »
Oh dear Just as I was packing my gear  :z8  :z4 Derek Roxborough

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 02/03/2018 at 22:13 »
Good news Derek  :z16 Keep packing those bags as the event has been rescheduled to run from the 30th March until the 2nd April  :z16

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: 02/03/2018 at 22:57 »
 no,we have the Grand daughter then and then off to then US after that just paid £68 for a bloody esta for the 2 of us , out there for 3 weeks going to try and get to the Golden Gate Casting club , no Orvis in San Francisco now so we go to the California Fly shop , near where my son lives, nice shop , with some nicely expensive gear, so I will have to cry off , I'll just pack for the  US. :z4  Derek Roxborough

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 04/03/2018 at 09:16 »
Heading down for Friday and Saturday, Easter Weekend so will be a busy show.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com