Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Sold! Orvis Helios 10' #7wt
« on: 21/02/2018 at 19:31 »
Selling my original Orvis Helios 10' #7wt which, after trying them when they first came out, I simply had to own.
It was so far ahead of everything else, I was smitten :!

It's one of the finest 'ask anything of it' fly rods in my possession and, although it's seen considerable use it's still 'up there' as one of the very best 10' #7wt rods around. You can genuinely use it for pretty much anything, I've used it for Salmon, Sea Trout, Brown Trout, Carp, Pollock and even Bass.
I've been havering about keeping it or selling it but have decided that I have to clear the decks and sort through my gear (I'll be keeping two other Helios 'originals') this one will be sold to aid in 'other tackle developments'.

What's it worth.... or more importantly what do I want for it :? Tricky.

Not a rod that comes up for sale often. I think it's worth every penny of....  well it's here on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202238268393?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Questions :? Bung me a PM. Pictures:

Hamish Young

Re: For sale: Orvis Helios 10' #7wt
« Reply #1 on: 23/02/2018 at 09:23 »
Pictures added  :z16

Hamish Young

Re: For sale: Orvis Helios 10' #7wt
« Reply #2 on: 05/03/2018 at 19:13 »
Assuming the buyer gets their finger out and actually pays for it on eBay.....  :roll ...... this is now most definitely
sold :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com