Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Kintore Angling Club fishing limits
« on: 14/02/2018 at 13:50 »
I noticed on the Kintore club and Fishpal websites, it states that the Kintore club have brown trout rights from about 1/2 a mile above  the Kintore Golf Club building to around 2 miles below the road bridge on the left bank.

This is the Balbethan beat which the ADAA has fishing rights on. Seems a little strange.

I have contacted the ADAA to try and clarify but as yet no reply.

Dave Robb

Re: Kintore Angling Club fishing limits
« Reply #1 on: 14/02/2018 at 13:59 »
Is any of that ADAA beat actually accessible other than to park at Kintore and hike downstream through heavy bushes?

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 14/02/2018 at 14:24 »
Is any of that ADAA beat actually accessible other than to park at Kintore and hike downstream through heavy bushes?

What heavy bushes are they? There is hardly a bush all the way downstream to the next bridge on the left bank.

Dave Robb

« Reply #3 on: 14/02/2018 at 15:02 »
So if I park at the Kintore bridge and walk down left bank, you can go a few hundred yards or so where it’s relatively clear.

Then there’s a fence and beyond that it’s heavy going with thick bush.  I’ve never ventured more than another couple of hundred yards as I’m always aware it’s hard enough going one way let alone making your way back through it.

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 14/02/2018 at 18:18 »
As I recall there was some chunky gorse on the left bank below Kintore.
I also recall that the Wester Fintry fishing (left bank, below Balbithan) had a syndicate on the water and one Ben Dixon.
The right bank fishing opposite Wester Fintry was ADAA I think - but long time ago for me now :!

All of that said, when you look at the maps, there does seem to be more than just a spot of 'overlap' as Rob suggests. That wants clarification PDQ.

H

Colin Sunley

« Reply #5 on: 14/02/2018 at 18:25 »
The only tricky section that i know of is on the ADAA side of bridge there the road heading back to dyce and the river is close to the edge, there are trees and a style for getting over the fence x2  now the styles are not very user friendly and should have been fixed by ADAA  but have not been touched in the few years I have fished there. Beyond that the terrain is    free of any obstructions.

Rob interesting point.

Dave Robb

« Reply #6 on: 14/02/2018 at 19:40 »
The only tricky section that i know of is on the ADAA side of bridge there the road heading back to dyce and the river is close to the edge, there are trees and a style for getting over the fence x2  now the styles are not very user friendly and should have been fixed by ADAA  but have not been touched in the few years I have fished there. Beyond that the terrain is    free of any obstructions.

Rob interesting point.

Okay, I went slightly past that 2 style section but turned back.  Will explore further this year.   That was the bit I was meaning, not ideal trying to climb over with waders etc, always fearful of tearing something!  Surely it wouldn’t take much effort to put in some improved styles.

Is there anywhere else to park sort of mid way between Fintray and Kintore, or is it purely a case of having to hike? 

Brian Johnstone

« Reply #7 on: 14/02/2018 at 20:07 »
Just to clarify. Kintore Angling club, have a signed license with the council covering the Council  waters from the top of Balbithan Island on the left bank down to the cattle pens above the bridge. This is common good land and belongs to the people of Kintore. It covers Salmon, Sea Trout and Brown Trout. We also have agreements with landowners under their riparian rights for Brown Trout, covering the right bank from the top of Balbithan Island down below the bridge to the Tuach Burn and the left bank from the cattle pens to 2 miles below the bridge. A total of around 5 miles of Brown Trout fishing.
Brian Johnstone
Secretary
Kintore Angling Club

Colin Sunley

« Reply #8 on: 14/02/2018 at 21:00 »
Dave,  there was word at one point that you could park at a farm roughly in the middle of the beat but I think that was a mates tail sort of thing and i never got to the bottom of it.
So parking is from the bridge (kintore) to bridge (fintry) as marked on the ADAA map. Its a fair hike even to the middle section of that beat but can be the most productive in the summer nights. Pick a bridge an walk up or down river I have spent hours down there.

Colin Sunley

« Reply #9 on: 14/02/2018 at 21:10 »
Brian
Just a thought but if ADAA and kintore both have fishing rights on the left bank too Fintry ,  what's the rod limit for that section if any ?.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #10 on: 14/02/2018 at 21:26 »
. Beyond that the terrain is    free of any obstructions.

Apart from a few rabbit holes............. :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #11 on: 15/02/2018 at 08:24 »
the left bank from the cattle pens to 2 miles below the bridge.

So there is about a 1.5 mile over lap of Brown Trout fishing rights?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 18/02/2018 at 11:23 »
Hi folks

You can now find a few more details about the fishing at Kintore by following the 'CLUBS' link at the top of the forum. I've put together a brief info page, which then has links to the club website.

Best wishes
Mike

Iain Cameron

« Reply #13 on: 22/02/2018 at 09:33 »
when still on the ADAA committee, I put together google maps of the ADAA beats.

here's the Torryburn Balbithan one.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1lp4OWAQHk6oSUSH0gUlCL1yfRWA&ll=57.232442265023266%2C-2.330506754119824&z=15

that might help to visualise it

Note that the downstream lower limit of the North bank of the ADAA Torryburn waters (Left hand side as you look downstream) meets the upper limit of the ADAA Upper Fintry waters. If you zoom in due north of Kinaldie farm you'll see the slight break where a burn enters

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 22/02/2018 at 10:16 »
Is this what you wanted to show Iain?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com