Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Dec 17th )
« Reply #15 on: 26/12/2007 at 23:07 »
Hi guys,

The Abel's mine I'm afraid - I have used it twice, once on the don last year and recently at Haddo to try out the new 3 wt............. and for the last time as I'm going to keep in pristine condition and give it to my son when he catches his first fly caught trout.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: 27/12/2007 at 15:42 »
Hi folks :cool:

There is still a lot of ice at Haddo today, there are a couple of small open bits in the middle, but the area around the boats is about an inch and a half thick and it takes my weight :z7

If it stays mild again tonight I will probably have a go at breaking it tomorrow morning.

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #17 on: 27/12/2007 at 16:24 »
Looking at the forecast , going to be fairly mild for the next 5 days or so ,

I was coming out to Haddo today , as it was still iced over , I had to go to the sales with SWMBO , cost me a bloody fortune  :z6

Never mind its Christmas  :z4

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #18 on: 27/12/2007 at 17:05 »
Hi Jim

I think my plan for tomorrow is to hopefully break up the ice enough to have the loch fishable for the weekend. I can usually create a few "fishable pools" while I'm doing this :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 30/12/2007 at 13:07 »

Well, the loch was frozen again yesterday morning, but the area in front of the hut was reasonably thin and I managed to break up a fair area for Jim and Brian to have a few casts in :wink

There was a wee bit of wind to help us yesterday and we ended up with about a quarter of the loch being fishable. "Jedi" Jim had a great time tempting 15 fish up to approx 12 lb and Brian also had some fun with 5 fish up to approx 4 lb.

I expected to be able to open this morning (Sunday) with about half the loch fishable ......... but road conditions on the way soon had me questioning this in my mind ( Today's was the worst black ice conditions that I can remember driving on! ) and on reaching Haddo ......... you guessed it, the loch was fully frozen again and I didn't open the fishery :z6

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #20 on: 02/01/2008 at 12:18 »

Haddo has thawed out nicely and there is just a wee bit of ice round the margins this morning ........ and the odd fish rising :wink

Inverurie AA have booked the loch for Sunday, but I have no other bookings until then ........ so give me a phone on the usual 07810 868897 or send me a PM/email etc if you fancy a session.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #21 on: 03/01/2008 at 16:38 »
Just a quick note to say my dad was going to open Haddo today, but he is in his bed ill.

Haddo could be closed for a few days?

Shaun Barrio

Tam Greenock

« Reply #22 on: 04/01/2008 at 16:12 »
Thats terrible Shaun, l have been laid up for the last week with a chesty cough and sore throat so l know how he feels, pass on my best wishes to him  :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #23 on: 07/01/2008 at 14:09 »
Thanks Tam :z16

I am managing to get up now and been to the doc today, but looks like it will take a few days to sort me out :z6

I don't think I'll be well enough to get back to work for a number of days yet I'm afraid, but I'll post something here as soon as I think I can open the fishery again :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #24 on: 10/01/2008 at 14:11 »

Haddo is still closed for the moment I'm afraid :oops

My face is looking a bit more like normal now :z4 But I'm still far from well, so I don't know if I will be able to open again this weekend ( as I'd hoped ) I guess I'll have to make a decision on Friday evening :z6

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Ross

« Reply #25 on: 10/01/2008 at 15:31 »
Hopefully not Mumps or something like that! :shock

Had that a couple of years ago and it SUCKS, Royally. :(

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #26 on: 10/01/2008 at 19:39 »
My face is looking a bit more like normal now

Yeah right :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #27 on: 11/01/2008 at 19:28 »
Haddo is closed this weekend :z15

Still not feeling well enough to get going again I'm afraid ( but I am on the mend ) I went across to the loch with "spiderman" Sandy for a while today and it was frozen, with more frost due tonight it will probably get thicker ......... I'll see how things are looking at the beginning of the week :z6

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Dec 17th + ice updates )
« Reply #28 on: 13/01/2008 at 16:01 »
Hi folks

Am feeling a wee bit better :cool:

I went over to Haddo this afternoon to check conditions and it is still frozen. If it stays mild tonight and tomorrow night I will try to open the fishery on Tuesday :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Dec 17th + ice updates )
« Reply #29 on: 16/01/2008 at 18:50 »

Still a wee bit of ice about at Haddo, but have managed to create space for about 3 boats again today and the loch is fishing quite well. Bloodworm and buzzers are producing some good catches.

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com