Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Hi folks :cool:

There has been a bit of ice about at Haddo again this week, but anglers appear to have enjoyed "a cracking" time with buzzers, damsels, bloodworm and mini cats.

Andrew Mott tempted 13 fish up to 10 lb, Kevin Neri 11 up to 12 lb, Ronald Mackay 12 up to 10 lb and Chris McAllister netted 24 fish up to 10 lb for his Winter League Session.

Duncan White caught 9 fish up to 9 lb, Ian Morgan 9 up to 7½ lb, Iain Armstrong 9 up to 7 lb, Dave Batty 5 up to 10 lb and Brian Liebenburg netted 6 including the largest trout of the week at 16 lb.

The fishery was frozen this morning and even the air temperature at midday did not get above minus 3 degrees! :z3

I'm afraid that it looks like the ice might be with us for a few days .......... so please don't travel over without contacting me first on 07810 868897 for an update. :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Dec 17th )
« Reply #1 on: 18/12/2007 at 12:43 »
The air temperature was a fair bit warmer this morning (Tuesday) but there is still a lot of ice about :z6

If we get another reasonably mild night tonight, I'll have a go at breaking the ice tomorrow :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 19/12/2007 at 23:27 »

Still frozen solid today and it is getting thicker ........ this could take a while to clear :z6

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 21/12/2007 at 12:29 »

Well, I've been over at the loch again this morning and I can't see there being any change over the next few days .......... Brrrrr, it's a bit cold over there :shock

I had planned to close from the 24th to the 26th and open again on the 27th. I can see that the ice is not going to clear this weekend so the fishery will remain closed and depending on the weather next week of course, I will hopefully ( fingers crossed ) be able to think about opening again on the 27th :z3

I hope you all have a great Christmas :z16
Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 21/12/2007 at 17:14 »
Is that an Abel reel Mike :? Whose.... or don't I need to ask  :z7

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: 21/12/2007 at 18:32 »
Rod bling.

Fantastic, not who you might think though Hamish :wink

Someone else who appreciates quality gear thats a bit different :z18

Sandy

Hamish Young

« Reply #6 on: 21/12/2007 at 19:57 »
If it's who I think it is he resides in Banff and has a similar fascination to mine for unusual reels  :wink

Which reminds me, I must email him soon  :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 21/12/2007 at 20:14 »
Nah Hamish ........... keep guessing :z7

With a bit of luck he will post something here about the reel and "put you out of your misery" :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 21/12/2007 at 20:18 »
Hmm - rubs chin - need to put thinking cap on then..... is it someone I know :?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 21/12/2007 at 20:31 »
Hmm - rubs chin - need to put thinking cap on then..... is it someone I know :?

The two photos below the reel are of .....  ..... who christened his new Barrio Lightweight with 9 fish :wink

"He who resides in Banff" has not ordered a Barrio Lightweight ......... yet :z4

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #10 on: 21/12/2007 at 20:33 »
"He who resides in Banff" has not ordered a Barrio Lightweight ......... yet :z4

I wondered if he might have tried it at the fishery with one of his 'toys'. Hmmm. I'm sure I can work it out if I scan back through the forum - later maybe :wink

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #11 on: 21/12/2007 at 21:54 »
Tiss bloody pretty though :cool:

S

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 21/12/2007 at 22:07 »
Looked rather nice from the other side too :wink

Hamish Young

« Reply #13 on: 21/12/2007 at 22:33 »
You know me.... I like toys :wink  I do like most of the Yank reels though I've never 'fondled' an Abel that I can recall, just admired from a distance and I love the custom finish. Looks too nice to fish with.... almost  :cool:

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 26/12/2007 at 14:17 »

The ice is still about 2 inches thick this morning .......... so it will need a couple of mild days and nights before I can think about breaking it.

Will keep putting the latest updates on here :wink
Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com