Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Beattie

Corby loch
« on: 11/02/2018 at 16:36 »
Afternoon gents,

Was wanting to know if anyone on here fishes or is a member on Corby Loch Bridge of Don.  Was wanting to know how much it is per year and how well it fishes??

Ben

Jim Eddie

Re: Corby loch
« Reply #1 on: 11/02/2018 at 19:03 »
Never fished it Ben, I think the AWPR will pass very close by, not sure if that will affect it

http://www.corbyloch.co.uk/fishing.htm

:z18
Jim

Cammy Knox

« Reply #2 on: 11/02/2018 at 21:21 »
Hi Ben

I'm a member at Corby Loch and really like it.  It's got a head of brown trout and is also stocked with rainbows, but it's usually more challenging than a normal stocked fishery.  Some days you've got the whole place to yourself.   It's £200 per year.  It fishes mainly from April to October - any other days outwith then, if there's decent weather you might have a small window of opportunity during the warmest part of the day.  You can wade about half the bank, and there's also rowing boats you can use for a small extra charge, which is put towards maintenance.   If you want to join or visit then you're best to phone Ian Muir on 07711 152562 - he runs the syndicate and spends a lot of time up at the loch all year round, and will be able to answer all your queries.

Cheers

Cammy 

Ben Beattie

« Reply #3 on: 11/02/2018 at 21:36 »
Thanks for the info Cammy  will get in touch with Ian.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 12/02/2018 at 11:28 »
Are there still good perch in it?

Cammy Knox

« Reply #5 on: 12/02/2018 at 19:08 »
Hi Rob

Not that I'm aware of, but perhaps in the smaller loch to the west ?

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 13/02/2018 at 07:54 »
Hi Rob

Not that I'm aware of, but perhaps in the smaller loch to the west ?

Yeah, that used to hold nice perch. Was easy to get dozens over the 1lb mark. Corby had as well but I think the nature of the water meant they did not do that well. There is a tiny duck flight to the North that was fun on tiny 1/32 ounce lures with a 5 foot spinning rod :)

Graham Nicol

« Reply #7 on: 13/02/2018 at 17:52 »
If you are referring to the small deep and black loch next to Corby I believe it was called Lily Loch. Why I have not a clue for it never had any lily pads in it!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 14/02/2018 at 08:04 »
If you are referring to the small deep and black loch next to Corby I believe it was called Lily Loch. Why I have not a clue for it never had any lily pads in it!

No, it was Bishops that we fished for the good Perch before someone bought the house next to it and stopped us fishing it. The duck flight is directly to the East (I don't know why I said North!). Its just before the turning for Corby, on the left.

Bishops was a beautiful little water to fish but the sand washings from the quarry really used to cloud it up. Last time I saw it it was very badly silted.

Graham Nicol

« Reply #9 on: 14/02/2018 at 17:46 »
That brings back memories for that is where I caught my first ever fish which was a perch. Bishop's Loch was  a lovely loch with lots of lilies in the margins with the perch feeding just off them.  I also caught some small jack pike there using the small perch as live bait. I suspect that would be frowned upon nowadays.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 15/02/2018 at 08:25 »
I suspect that would be frowned upon nowadays.

That would be illegal in Scotland!

I know there were Roach from Perth Harbour stocked in there as well. I suspect they all died. The chap that did it is long gone now.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com