Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Re: River Don 2018
« Reply #15 on: 16/03/2018 at 14:35 »
Mike,

The weather is fantastic out here In Brunei. Hopefully it will be fine at the beginning of April when I get back and I can buy (at a serious discount) all of Liam’s tackle and go out and have some fun. 😂

Tight lines to all for 2018 once the ice age is gone,

Eddie

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: 30/03/2018 at 08:52 »
There are a couple of places available on the Ardmurdo/Keithhall Fishings below Inverurie this year, these don't come up often - so be quick to apply if you fancy joining :wink

You'll find details on the IAA page here: https://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/inverurie-angling-association.html

Cheers
Mike

Ashley Thomas

« Reply #17 on: 30/03/2018 at 10:16 »
Mike,

Is there a link to the online permit for the Inverurie Burgh Fishings yet?

Cheers
Ash  :z16

Brian Brand

« Reply #18 on: 30/03/2018 at 22:22 »
Hi Ashley,

Sloan's are selling the Inverurie Burgh Permits this year and I don't think that there is an online option now.

Brian.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #19 on: 31/03/2018 at 03:58 »
There are a couple of places available on the Ardmurdo/Keithhall Fishings below Inverurie this year, these don't come up often - so be quick to apply if you fancy joining :wink

You'll find details on the IAA page here: https://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/inverurie-angling-association.html

Cheers
Mike

Anybody applying for the ardmudo/keithall fishing will likely cross paths with either me or Sinclair senior this season. Not sure whether this is a good or a bad thing 😂

Cheers,

Steven.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #20 on: 31/03/2018 at 11:54 »
Mike,

Is there a link to the online permit for the Inverurie Burgh Fishings yet?

Cheers

Not yet Ash, might be a while yet, if it is done this season.

As Brian said ......... probably best to drop in to Sloans and get one there :wink

Cheers
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #21 on: 31/03/2018 at 14:16 »
Sinclair senior will be there on Monday, my first outing of the season, looking forward to freezing my nads off having just arrived home today after three months in Asia.

Eddie

Terry Coging

« Reply #22 on: 31/03/2018 at 19:08 »
Wish I lived up there  :z6

Colin Sunley

« Reply #23 on: 31/03/2018 at 20:23 »

Cheers
Mike

Where Do you purchase the day tickets as this was not clear on the website am unsure unless I missed it

Mike Barrio

« Reply #24 on: 31/03/2018 at 21:54 »
Hi Colin

I think all the Ardmurdo/Keithhall permits are available from Watsons Ironmongers.

Cheers
Mike

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #25 on: 01/04/2018 at 03:04 »
Hi Colin

I think all the Ardmurdo/Keithhall permits are available from Watsons Ironmongers.

Cheers
Mike

That's certainly where I paid for mine and seniors anyway  :z16

I can't wait to get back from Asia and take a wander along some new water to me  :z16

:z18

Steven.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #26 on: 02/04/2018 at 11:09 »
Fished the middle river yesterday...one big thump on a streamer (water was very high but clear(ish) and that was the only fish life I experienced.

There were some very sparse hatches in the afternoon sunshine, but the flies were tiny, no more than 3-5mm in length (not including the tail). No fish rising on the bit I was on, but a fair few anglers out. Did not see any fish being caught.

Ashley Thomas

« Reply #27 on: 02/04/2018 at 11:52 »
Went up from 10am - 5pm yesterday, glorious sunshine but very nippy when the clouds covered. A very sparse hatch arrived about 1pm but it was almost batch-like. Every 10 mins some tiny olives would arrive, then some MBs then finally a trickle of LDO’s. This would rinse and repeat every 10, and I saw zero fish rising to the occasion. Had one 10”er for my days efforts..

Good to be out however!

Cheers

Dave Robb

« Reply #28 on: 02/04/2018 at 15:48 »
Fished upper river on a Friday.  Freezing and snowed most of the day.  Didn’t see or touch anything.  Water was very clear and a lovely beat despite the weather.

Fintray yesterday and just as per comments above.  High water, cold and the odd short lived hatch.  Saw a few sporadic ripples but didn’t touch anything.

Not a good start at all.  Was good to be out though, even in the snow.

More snow forecast this week.  Fed up to say the least with this weather.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #29 on: 03/04/2018 at 08:24 »
Mike,

The weather is fantastic out here In Brunei. Hopefully it will be fine at the beginning of April when I get back and I can buy (at a serious discount) all of Liam’s tackle and go out and have some fun. 😂

Tight lines to all for 2018 once the ice age is gone,

Eddie

Why wait...there is some fantastic fly fishing to be had in Brunei!! :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com