Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Mckay

gamakatsu b10s
« on: 26/01/2018 at 11:03 »
Anyone have a source for the b10s in the UK?  Or anywhere that it can be ordered from and not cost the earth in postage/import?

Rob Brownfield

Re: gamakatsu b10s
« Reply #1 on: 29/01/2018 at 10:01 »
Oooosh..a beast of a hook ;)

My last lot came from Orvis in Banchory.

They are listed on the US site and I believe that you can still order them through the UK stores although you will have to wait for a shipment to arrive from the US.

http://www.orvis.com/p/gamakatsu-stinger/90cc

Derek Mckay

« Reply #2 on: 29/01/2018 at 12:08 »
Thanks Rob will maybe give Orvis a call. Could order them from a few places in the states but shipping and import would be a pain.

Liam has pointed me to another brand that I've ordered a couple packs of for a look so might be sorted.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 29/01/2018 at 13:37 »
Thanks Rob will maybe give Orvis a call. Could order them from a few places in the states but shipping and import would be a pain.

Liam has pointed me to another brand that I've ordered a couple packs of for a look so might be sorted.

If its anything to do with Liam  they will come with a tungsten bead and a packet of pheasant tails!  :X2 :X2 :z4 :z4

Forgot to say, you wont pay postage with Orvis is they order into the local shop...worth remembering.

Liam Stephen

« Reply #4 on: 29/01/2018 at 18:01 »
Fuck Rob you’ve let the secret out!  :mad

I’ve been playing with 1/0 articulated PTNs over winter. Although no Tungsten beads just big lead dumbbells. The protos look good, Derek R I reckon even you would approve of this streamer/nymph mash up.  :z4 :z7

:z18

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: 29/01/2018 at 21:07 »
Hilevel has them, Derek Roxborough

Derek Mckay

« Reply #6 on: 29/01/2018 at 23:28 »
Do you have a link to them I can't see? 

I've some 6/0 Liam if you want to upscale to man size, might loose a little of the buggyness the 1/0 brings though.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com