Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Scottish Land Rover Show 2018
« on: 17/01/2018 at 11:34 »
I fancy going down to this event every year and haven't made one yet :X1
Fingers crossed for this year ......  :z4

The Scottish Land Rover Show returns to The Royal Highland Showground, Ingilston, Edinburgh on the new date of May 26th & 27th 2018.

Major manufacturers, retailers and hundreds of autojumblers will be bringing the very best Land Rovers, parts and accessories to your doorstep.

Hundreds of Land Rovers and Club Displays, Jam Packed main arena action, fun and games and evening entertainment will ensure there’s something for all the family.

Search for that elusive part or spare in the autojumble or browse the latest Land Rover accessories. New products and services will be on display from the biggest names in 4x4 as exhibitors from all over the UK bring their products to your doorstep. Take the time to speak with the experts and ensure your Land Rover is fully equipped.

The Main Action Arena will deliver a non-stop programme of events throughout the two-day festival. From cavalcades of club vehicles to technical advice and demonstrations from industry experts. The Flatdog Twist Off competition will also be running throughout the weekend.

The Scottish Land Rover Show 2018 will be the greatest global gathering of all things green oval Scotland has ever seen. Don’t miss out, bring the family too, as there’s plenty for all ages to see and do.

Rob Brownfield

Re: Scottish Land Rover Show 2018
« Reply #1 on: 17/01/2018 at 12:24 »
You will get a chance to see the re-released Defender!! Start saving!!

Landrover heald back the last 150 Defenders and are issuing them with upgraded interiors and...a V8, 403hp petrol engine!

Only £150k a piece.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 17/01/2018 at 12:43 »

Landrover heald back the last 150 Defenders and are issuing them with upgraded interiors and...a V8, 403hp petrol engine!

Only £150k a piece.

I'm sure somebody out there will pay it Rob  :z7
But autojumble for old Freelanders is more up my street  :z4  :z4  :z4

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 17/01/2018 at 13:55 »

Only £150k a piece.

you went for the Yeti too quickly Hamish...if only you had held out...

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #4 on: 17/01/2018 at 20:01 »
I drove a works landrover in the early 60's , it was a pain to drive it, was cold in the winter, and I ended up writing it off after a  crash in the borders, this was a series one short wheel base, I was glad to get back to driving my Seddon tipper,  :z12 Derek Roxborough

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 17/01/2018 at 20:23 »
you went for the Yeti too quickly Hamish...if only you had held out...

Smirk  :z13

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 18/01/2018 at 15:20 »
Engine sounds sweet :z12

[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/ClassicLandRoverMagazine/videos/836965969808844/[/facebook]

Dave Robb

« Reply #7 on: 18/01/2018 at 16:23 »
Not convinced a Defender needs to be able to do 0-62 in under 6 seconds.

It will sell out very quickly no doubt and every chance it’s a wise investment if you keep it pristine.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #8 on: 19/01/2018 at 15:32 »
I always wonder how many of these actually go off road? most of the ones here have road tyres , the most they do is occasionally up on a grass verge, :X2  Derek Roxborough

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com