Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mark Ryan

A few hours on Thurso
« on: 24/01/2018 at 11:52 »
I am visiting Thurso area with my family for four days in mid August.
Was hoping to have a few hours on the Thurso around the time of my visit on a C&R basis.
I am a Director, Treasurer and Stocking officer of the Ogmore Angling Association LTD on the River Ogmore in Bridgend, South Wales arguably the best small river Sea Trout venue in the UK.
Would be happy to host return trip to South Wales for a guided Sea Trout night fishing experience.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Derek Roxborough

Re: A few hours on Thurso
« Reply #1 on: 24/01/2018 at 15:43 »
 I've no Idea who has the Thurso fishing but you could contact Hugo Ross in Wick, or the tackle shop in Thurso. I don't think it's a Club fishery though,  Derek Roxborough

Graham Nicol

Re: A few hours on Thurso
« Reply #2 on: 26/01/2018 at 09:51 »
The fishings are controlled through the Ulster Arms hotel. They offer weekly packages but I do know, when available, odd days can be had. The head ghillie's contact details are on the link below with loads of details on the river. If you do intend and get to fish it I strongly advise using a guide for the beats are long and with the water peaty black it is difficult to read potential lies. Best of luck
G
 https://riverthurso.com/river-info

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com