Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Nice Roll Cast 'How to' from Simon Gawesworth
« on: 10/01/2018 at 12:00 »
I like this one ..... nicely explained by Simon :z16

Derek Roxborough

Re: Nice Roll Cast 'How to' from Simon Gawesworth
« Reply #1 on: 10/01/2018 at 17:21 »
 in the 70's when I went on the SANA instructors course at Heathery Knowe in Fife the first thing we were told was to start with a roll cast, and thus I did , and I still use it, a very useful string to have for your bow, :z16 Derek Roxborough

Euan Innes

« Reply #2 on: 10/01/2018 at 18:35 »
Best roll cast tuition video so far.
He is probably one of the finest casters, ever, and so good at making it understandable. He has a great podcast interview with a certain Canadian woman that makes very good listening. And while you are on the podcast list try Pete Humphries too - excellent caster and describes beautifully how to Spey.
Off to check out the other videos.

:z1

Kerry Jordan

« Reply #3 on: 10/01/2018 at 20:01 »
Agree completely with these posts. It’s a shame Simon Gawesworth doesn’t do more single- handed casting videos. I can’t give enough credit to Carl McNeil’s “Casts that catch fish” DVD (bought from Mike) and Joe Rotter’s prolific Youtube videos (Joe is a guide at Red’s Fly Shop in the US) for hugely improving my casting from embarrassing to almost average on a good day!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 11/01/2018 at 08:31 »
My question is this....how did we cast before science was discovered?   :X2 :X2 :z4

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: 11/01/2018 at 09:02 »
Having spent a lifetime casting over head I find I now get a lot more pleasure out of my fishing with the various Spey casts. I am very lucky to have a friend who is a professional casting instructor and watching him in action is pure magic. Wind, obstructions and any other problems do not matter to him.
Bob.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com