Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

A modern take on tradition
« on: 08/01/2018 at 14:15 »
Wellll...I have decided that for my glass blank, I am going to go all modern with the fittings.

I have opted for black for everything, including one of the newly designed all black Winn grips. Guides are black as well, with a black metal reel seat.

Its either going to work...or not..lol...

Derek Roxborough

Re: A modern take on tradition
« Reply #1 on: 08/01/2018 at 19:45 »
 I was going to get Titanium for mine , but I ended up with stainless, I tried to get Black rings from Hilevel but they had sold out, easker1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 09/01/2018 at 08:43 »
Starting to think I will graduate the whippings from black at the butt to very light grey at the tip. Possibly play about with a butt fade as well (that's sounds so wrong!).

Orrrrrrrrr, I may go transparent whipping with a 3 - 5 turn trim in black only. Trouble with transparent is that the guide feet, for me anyway, will all have to be trimmed back and shaped so they all match, and then re-painted. I hate to see uneven feet!

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 10/01/2018 at 20:25 »
I only use Snakebrand lites these days, for exactly that reason.
They come pre-formed with matching feet and are even radiused under neath to fit on the blank better .
Worth every extra penny. Black Nickel or Eco finish.

:z18
Sandy

Liam Stephen

« Reply #4 on: 10/01/2018 at 22:37 »
That rod looks nice Sandy  :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 11/01/2018 at 08:35 »
I only use Snakebrand lites these days, for exactly that reason.
They come pre-formed with matching feet and are even radiused under neath to fit on the blank better .
Worth every extra penny. Black Nickel or Eco finish.

:z18
Sandy

I have Snakebrands guides at home, and totally agree. They will probably go on after all (I forgot I had them!)

My only concern with them is that the wire is incredibly thin!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com