Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kerry Jordan

Before you die.....
« on: 31/12/2017 at 22:35 »
Not meant to be gloomy but where would you go for the last cast?  Excluding cost  considerations, where is the  ultimate trip destination for shall we say 10 -14 days before you  reel in for the last time?

Derek Roxborough

Re: Before you die.....
« Reply #1 on: 01/01/2018 at 01:28 »
 at 81 it could be any where  I can cast a line, :z12 Derek Roxborough

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: 01/01/2018 at 08:26 »
Do not want to know what will be my last cast. Am happy that I can still walk the banks and throw a fly out.
Miss the way I could craw about with a brambling for trout in the low water but I am still getting some of my tax back.
Bob.

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 01/01/2018 at 10:09 »
Hopefully many, many years from now I'll go back to where it all started for me - not because it's exclusive, not because it's somewhere exotic but because it's important to me. That would do, the journeys I started from those beginnings would be memories enough (I think) to wind in for the last time  :z16

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 01/01/2018 at 15:25 »
Couldn't agee more H.

If i can leave this mortal coil, while attached to a 6lb Don brownie, then i will go happy  :z16

Still too many things on the bucket list to do to fit them into 2 weeks :z4 :z4 I did try but they just kept coming  :X2. But for one last Hurrah, i would have to fish Inverurie.

Sandy

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 01/01/2018 at 16:43 »
Easy!  :z4
Skeena River, BC for Steelhead with April Vokey, either of which would probably kill me! :z13

:z1

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: 01/01/2018 at 18:33 »
Although............. this would have to acount for some of those days.

https://youtu.be/H6NC9kSsXqs

Sandy

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 01/01/2018 at 20:56 »
Easy!  :z4
Skeena River, BC for Steelhead with April Vokey, either of which would probably kill me! :z13

I can only add this.....

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 02/01/2018 at 03:54 »
Would have to be the limestone lochs of Durness for me.

Eddie

Dave Robb

« Reply #9 on: 02/01/2018 at 08:22 »
Loads of places world wide I would love to try and will probably never get the chance.

But would I want my last cast fighting a Marlin, GT or Nile Perch?

Nah, anywhere upstream of Alford in the months of May or June would do me.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #10 on: 02/01/2018 at 13:28 »
 to be able to walk to some of the Lochs locally where that elusive 3lber lurks, I know they are there, :z13 Derek Roxborough

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com