Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Kerry Jordan

Before you die.....
« on: December 31, 2017, 22:35:42 PM »
Not meant to be gloomy but where would you go for the last cast?  Excluding cost  considerations, where is the  ultimate trip destination for shall we say 10 -14 days before you  reel in for the last time?

Derek Roxborough

Re: Before you die.....
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 01:28:07 AM »
 at 81 it could be any where  I can cast a line, :z12 Derek Roxborough

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 08:26:57 AM »
Do not want to know what will be my last cast. Am happy that I can still walk the banks and throw a fly out.
Miss the way I could craw about with a brambling for trout in the low water but I am still getting some of my tax back.
Bob.

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 10:09:34 AM »
Hopefully many, many years from now I'll go back to where it all started for me - not because it's exclusive, not because it's somewhere exotic but because it's important to me. That would do, the journeys I started from those beginnings would be memories enough (I think) to wind in for the last time  :z16
“When tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.”

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 15:25:45 PM »
Couldn't agee more H.

If i can leave this mortal coil, while attached to a 6lb Don brownie, then i will go happy  :z16

Still too many things on the bucket list to do to fit them into 2 weeks :z4 :z4 I did try but they just kept coming  :X2. But for one last Hurrah, i would have to fish Inverurie.

Sandy
John Geirach 1999 "Millions of trout have died of old age before i could catch them and there's not a damn thing i can do about that"

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 16:43:37 PM »
Easy!  :z4
Skeena River, BC for Steelhead with April Vokey, either of which would probably kill me! :z13

:z1
Living with deep, full breaths is the way of the trout. Fish, it seems, are the ultimate teachers in breathing.
RC Cone

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 18:33:03 PM »
Although............. this would have to acount for some of those days.

Sandy
John Geirach 1999 "Millions of trout have died of old age before i could catch them and there's not a damn thing i can do about that"

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 20:56:35 PM »
Easy!  :z4
Skeena River, BC for Steelhead with April Vokey, either of which would probably kill me! :z13

I can only add this.....

“When tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.”

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 03:54:32 AM »
Would have to be the limestone lochs of Durness for me.

Eddie
As Shakespeare said, it is better to have hooked and lost than never to have hooked at all.

Dave Robb

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 08:22:39 AM »
Loads of places world wide I would love to try and will probably never get the chance.

But would I want my last cast fighting a Marlin, GT or Nile Perch?

Nah, anywhere upstream of Alford in the months of May or June would do me.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 13:28:50 PM »
 to be able to walk to some of the Lochs locally where that elusive 3lber lurks, I know they are there, :z13 Derek Roxborough

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

© Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum