Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Re: The latest fishing wagon....
« Reply #15 on: 04/01/2018 at 11:34 »
Encouraged by this I went and checked.... as I'm thinking it would be interesting to have one... the tax is indeed £520pa for the 2007-2011 era WRX. Possibly newer models fall into a different tax band  :z16

Indeed they do....I got it a little wrong though...its £140 a year if registered after 31st of March, 2017. The first year is £1,700, but Subaru paid that :) (Yes, I know, it will be hidden in the cost of the car, but they took £3k off list price).

Before that its £520.

Both Band L, but significant changes.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #16 on: 04/01/2018 at 16:52 »
 My son  in the US is a Subaru Buff, he has 3 , very Popular on the west coast, he can get used engines shipped from Japan, he has 2 SVX's and a Forester, he does a lot of work on them himself, having amassed the gear to do it over the years, I have a punto :oops Derek Roxborough

Hamish Young

« Reply #17 on: 04/01/2018 at 21:06 »
Quite jealous of the SVXs.....underrated cars those  :z16

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #18 on: 04/01/2018 at 21:28 »
he has had one or two over the 20 years he has been in the US, Ideal for Californian Motor ways, :cool:
Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #19 on: 05/01/2018 at 08:29 »
The SVX was an AMAZING vehicle...something you expect to see in the series UFO :)

We had a temporary boss here at work that was from California. I was asked to pick him up from the airport and I had my Outback at the time.

When we walked to the car his eyes lit up and he explained that the Outback was a really popular car over there due to so many people heading off at weekends camping and so on.

I really regret getting rid of it, and I am currently trying to work out how I can wangle a deal on a new one that allows me to trade in the Audi. I drove the new diesel model and it was pretty damn good (unlike the older diesel). They still do a 2.5 petrol, but they are like rocking horse poo.

Only car I have owned where I could fold the seats completely flat, stick in a camping mat and sleeping bag and still have room to lay out with all my fishing gear down the other side, and still have room to cook in the boot (doors open!!).

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #20 on: 06/01/2018 at 07:51 »
I really regret getting rid of it, and I am currently trying to work out how I can wangle a deal on a new one that allows me to trade in the Audi. I drove the new diesel model and it was pretty damn good (unlike the older diesel). They still do a 2.5 petrol, but they are like rocking horse poo.

Should be the same engine thats in my Forester :z16 brilliant bit of kit, i've done 39,000 miles in the last 2 years at a genuine average of 50.4 mpg, which is the opposite to what everyone tells you about boxer engines and they put a 5yr warranty on it.
No silly AdBlue or trick clutches, just an engine and a full time 4 wheel drive system  :z18

Sandy

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #21 on: 06/01/2018 at 20:44 »
 My wee Punto is the 1.4 eco diesel does 60 mpg just running about, with zero road tax, just the thing for an oap with a state Pension, :z12 Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #22 on: 08/01/2018 at 09:00 »
Should be the same engine thats in my Forester :z16 brilliant bit of kit, i've done 39,000 miles in the last 2 years at a genuine average of 50.4 mpg, which is the opposite to what everyone tells you about boxer engines and they put a 5yr warranty on it.
No silly AdBlue or trick clutches, just an engine and a full time 4 wheel drive system  :z18

Sandy

The new Outback has a newer revised diesel than the Forrester, super smooth...but Subarus really should be petrol ;)...and 2.5l :)

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #23 on: 08/01/2018 at 21:10 »
Just checked that out, it is the same engine thats in mine :z16
which is a good thing

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #24 on: 09/01/2018 at 08:33 »
Just checked that out, it is the same engine thats in mine :z16
which is a good thing

Sandy

Ahhhhh...of course, you have a fairly new one don't you. For some reason I thought you had an older one. Must be my age lol. When the Outback first got a diesel engine I took one out. I hated it. I then drove an XV with a diesel..again. lumpy as hell. The new outback was super smooth and responsive. But I would still have an XT Forrester over a diesel...but I like to keep ny licence lol

Hamish Young

« Reply #25 on: 15/01/2018 at 09:38 »
Having sold both of my Volvos  :cry I'm picking up my 'new to me' car in a fortnight or so.... can't deny the choice has been heavily influenced for its properties as a fishing car  :z13

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #26 on: 15/01/2018 at 09:48 »
Having sold both of my Volvos  :cry I'm picking up my 'new to me' car in a fortnight or so.... can't deny the choice has been heavily influenced for its properties as a fishing car  :z13

Bently Continental???

Hamish Young

« Reply #27 on: 15/01/2018 at 17:41 »
Bently Continental???
Errrr... no  :z4 I have managed to incur the jealousy of 'she who must be obeyed' by buying a Škoda  :X2

Euan Innes

« Reply #28 on: 15/01/2018 at 17:55 »
And an excellent choice it is too Sir.
At least you get to wear your own trousers in this car... :wink :z7 :z7 :z7

:z1

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #29 on: 15/01/2018 at 23:35 »
H,

have you bought a Kodiaq?

Eddie

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com