Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Fred Hay

Pheasant Feathers
« on: 11/12/2017 at 12:27 »
I have access to a quantity of various pheasant feathers both cock and hen birds - tails, wings, saddles, body hackles etc.
Note - the cock saddles are particularly interesting as they can be in different colours i.e. red, ginger, brown and grey
Also I might be able to provide some french partridge and mallard as well.
Anybody wanting them, let me know and I'll see what I can get.
They will be free to uplift when available.

Sandy Nelson

Re: Pheasant Feathers
« Reply #1 on: 11/12/2017 at 16:31 »
HI Fred

If you get any Black Pheasant tails (or even any really dark ones) with nice long fibres, then drop me a message and i'll pop over to pick them up even if its only a couple  :z16
Trying to get Melanistic/black cock centres with long fibres is proving really difficult (most of them seem to be shorter for some reason, i guess they get shot younger due to the hiz viz :z7)

cheers
Sandy

Fred Hay

« Reply #2 on: 12/12/2017 at 09:17 »
Will do but not any black ones that I've seen around but ................ I've maybe got another source, will let you know

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 13/12/2017 at 09:25 »
You wold think living right in the middle of a shooting syndicate I could get an unlimited feathers..but they are crap shots..lol

I shall continue to stalk pheasants with my carp landing net and a pair of scissors for my centre tails ;)

Alan Shiels

« Reply #4 on: 16/12/2017 at 18:14 »
Hi Fred,
Would like  a mixture if possible as I am a novice flytyer and haven't tied with pheasant tail as yet.
Would you be able to post and I will pay costs, am in East Kilbride.
Thanks  for the offer

Roy Clark

« Reply #5 on: 17/12/2017 at 10:33 »
I had a couple of Melanistic pheasants run across in front of me a couple of weeks ago. It was beside the entrance to Baldavie Farm  at Boyndie.

Fred Hay

« Reply #6 on: 20/12/2017 at 08:37 »
Hi Alan
I could easily send you a mixture of feathers but unfortunately don't know how to 'pm' anyone on the forum.
If you can send me your details and I'll see what I can do.
Alternatively I'll have a word with the facilitator to see how it best to get in contact.
Fred

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com