Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Howard & Stuart

Given the season, it’s obviously not a swarm of bees that was causing consternation but the fact that the humble ‘buzzer’ was consistently effective throughout the week when we saw the weather veer from blizzards and icy roads to benign normality. It made me think that the trouble with weather forecasting is that its right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it. It is a bit like the sat nav on my car, which I haven’t bothered to update since I first got it.

On the fishing front there were many skilled exponents of the slowly fished buzzer. Leading the way with this method was the dynamic duo of Billy and Dougie know as the ‘ Blobby Boys’ who on their usual Saturday session landed 29 fish with the buzzer in tandem with a blob.

Pete Green from Huntly had two outings where he caught 17 and 19 fish respectively with a buzzer and bloodworm combination. Also out twice was Graham Duthie with 12 and 13 fish on small lures and bloodworm and Steve Prince who used a buzzer/bloodworm combination to successfully bring 14 and 6 fish to the net.

Nicky Farqhar had a good session on buzzers and lures and found himself in a tricky situation when he had 3 fish on at once but one quickly released itself to allow him to land the other two and he managed a further 14 fish for his day. Scott Sim from Ellon fished the bloodworm and had 16 fish and Peter Young fished the Muckle Troot on a day session and had 15 fish on the bloodworm and lures.

Looking through the returns book – other notable efforts were Ernie Mackay (Snr) with 8 fish on the black tadpole, Bill Wood also had 8 on diawl bachs, as did Matthew Reilly this time using buzzers and blobs and Peter Wilson had 6 fish on the cats whisker. What was also mentioned in the ‘remarks’ section of the returns book was the quality of the fight that the fish were giving so even in the depth of Winter its good to know there is still good sport to be had.

A reminder that over the Winter Festive season (formerly known as Christmas) we will be closed on the 25th and 26th of December and the 1st and 2nd of January. The rest of the time we will be open as usual.

Tight Lines
SP 5/12/17

Mike Barrio

Re: Lochter Report – Things are buzzing at Lochter!
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/2017 at 11:57 »
A reminder that over the Winter Festive season (formerly known as Christmas)

:z4  :z4  :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com