Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Oooops....another purchase
« on: 29/11/2017 at 12:25 »
I was offered an interesting glass blank at a very interesting price, so in for a penny and all that.

Should arrive tomorrow....Liam is already second guessing where it is from...but I promised not to tell.... lol

I will post photos once built....and hope to have it on the river for grayling soon. I have spoken to a few people that have built on the same blank and they love them..so should be ok.

I hope Cass does not see the credit card receipt though,  just has "Fast white nude" in the transaction description lol.

Of course that means Fast Taper, natural uncoloured white blank.  ....honest :)

Mike Barrio

Re: Oooops....another purchase
« Reply #1 on: 29/11/2017 at 12:32 »
"Fast white nude" ....... sounds like it should go on my Christmas list too, although I have no preference about the colour :z4  :z4  :z4

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 29/11/2017 at 14:59 »
Well the blank arrived....impressed so far. Pre spined by the manufacturer, not seen that before.
Even came in a rather nice rod bag, which was a surprise.

Now the hunt for a suitable reel seat begins!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 29/11/2017 at 14:59 »
"Fast white nude" ....... sounds like it should go on my Christmas list too, although I have no preference about the colour :z4  :z4  :z4

Agreed Mike....and to tell the truth, does not even need to be nude...just fast lol

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 29/11/2017 at 18:50 »
If this is a confession thread.... I may have just bought a reel that I actually don't really need... but I wanted it quite badly.... my balls will get cut off is SWBO discovers it before I've paved the path to domestic happiness by some cunning means of distraction that I haven't quite worked out as yet :shock

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 30/11/2017 at 09:43 »
If this is a confession thread.... I may have just bought a reel that I actually don't really need... but I wanted it quite badly.... my balls will get cut off is SWBO discovers it before I've paved the path to domestic happiness by some cunning means of distraction that I haven't quite worked out as yet :shock

I have managed to distract Cass from the fact that I have just ordered nearly a grands worth of Shimano distance casting reels by having a word with Him upstairs and arranging a heavy dump of snow!

It's working so far lol.

Just hope she does not find out about my handsome PPI payment from the bank..... dum de dum!

James Laraway

« Reply #6 on: 30/11/2017 at 14:26 »

What you bought ?

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 30/11/2017 at 16:22 »
Vision Tank V in black - special offer @ GAC  :z16

Euan Innes

« Reply #8 on: 30/11/2017 at 20:46 »
And in tonight's headlines, a body was discovered floating face down in the Falls Beat on the River Beauly. The victim had been bludgeoned to death by a 4" round weapon which was later found in a lower body cavity. The victims wife was  seemingly unconcerned by the death of her husband and in a brief statement was heard to remark "he knew the risks and habitually re-offended. This tragic "accident" will come as no surprise to his cohorts, especially those who aided and abetted my late husband."

In Angus today, police arrested a speeding driver doing 105mph in a Fiat Panda as he tried to reach Edinburgh airport to board a flight to "anywhere but here". Witnesses heard the man screaming "I have to get away or she will come for me too. All I said was "go on, you know you want one" and now he is dead...."

:z1

Hamish Young

« Reply #9 on: 30/11/2017 at 23:28 »
That's pretty funny to be honest  :z4  :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 01/12/2017 at 08:48 »
Vision Tank V in black - special offer @ GAC  :z16

And Orvis ;)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com