Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kerry Jordan

Grayling fishing
« on: 13/11/2017 at 22:18 »
Advice please. I have booked a few days on the River Ericht at  Blairgowie in September..
Trout and perhaps a shot at a salmon,  but I wondered if any forum members knew if any grayling were present.

Rob Brownfield

Re: Grayling fishing
« Reply #1 on: 14/11/2017 at 08:17 »
Advice please. I have booked a few days on the River Ericht at  Blairgowie in September..
Trout and perhaps a shot at a salmon,  but I wondered if any forum members knew if any grayling were present.

I take it September 2018?

Bit early in the season for them, they will be well spread in September. Don't normally start fishing for them until we have had a couple of frosts. Having said that, the Ericht does not seem to hold Grayling the same way as the Isla and Tay nearby.  The weir just by the bridge in Blairgowrie and the falls a little further up means they cant get above the town. Water below is more suited to salmon.

I personally would stick to the Isla and Dean if in the area.

Your best bet would be to call Kate Flemmings tackle and ask them. They sell the tickets. Crockatts next door is also worth a call.

Kerry Jordan

Re: Grayling fishing
« Reply #2 on: 14/11/2017 at 08:20 »
Yes 2018. Many thanks for the info 👌

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com