Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

JIMBOB

Tilley hat
« on: 05/12/2007 at 14:14 »
Tilley are great hats for fishing. Easy to wash and quick drying. Had mine for years and it never seems to wear out. I read somewhere that they have brought out a winter hat made of wool I believe. Has anyone seen one of these or know where you can get them?

Mike Barrio

Re: Tilley hat
« Reply #1 on: 05/12/2007 at 17:18 »
Hi "Jimbob"

What does a "Tilley Hat" look like? Is that like the Aussia Hats?

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 06/12/2007 at 08:30 »

JIMBOB

« Reply #3 on: 06/12/2007 at 16:55 »
Yes Mike. A bit like an Aussie hat but made of cotton or hemp and can be rolled up and stuffed in a pocket. They are expensive but as hats go they are superb.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 06/12/2007 at 18:01 »
Yes, I thought I remembered them being like that.

I noticed the winter hat on the link that Jim posted ...... Did you see it?
Here http://www.tilleyuk.com/thumbnail.asp?catId=13&gender=m&extractBy=CategoryId&id=1

At first glance they seem expensive?

What do you like about them Jimbob? Are they worth approx £50? ........ I'm not being funny, I'm interested :wink

JIMBOB

« Reply #5 on: 12/12/2007 at 14:55 »
Mike
I would say that the hat is worth the money if quality is what you want. I wore mine for years in the jungles of Indonesia. It's been washed hundreds of times yet is still like new. I bought a second one from the Green Wellie shop in Tyndrum last year for £44. as my Sunday best!! And, if you lose it, Tilley will replace it for you FOC.
Expensive but highly recommended.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 16/12/2007 at 07:27 »
Hi Jimbob

Great stuff, hats are very personal things and an important part of ones fishing tackle :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com