Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Backwater Reservoir New
« on: 16/09/2017 at 16:53 »
My pal  John and I had a day up at Backwater on Friday. Its a magnificent location in Glen Isla run by the Kirriemuir Angling association. Permits are £10 for the day from the hut a Lintrathen reservoir.

Its a big body of water, probably about 4 miles of bank to fish, bank fishing only, no boats or wading, not stocked just Brownies, generally 1/2lb to 3/4lb but there are big fish caught every year.

Weather was better than forecast at first though the wind did get up late afternoon , we had the best of the day by then though. It was a strange but enjoyable day fro me, I was fishing a pearly pennell  on the point and a partridge and lemon spider on the dropper. First 6 takes resulted in 6 fish to hand, after that despite numerous takes only 3 more landed. John was fishing a rubber leg thing and a  sedgehog and did really well. Both had a really enjoyable day

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

Re: Backwater Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: 18/09/2017 at 08:01 »
Have not fished there in probably 25 years...must get back. Fish size looks the same although fishing a Zonker on a sinking line early season produced a few better fish :)

Its an interesting place to fish.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com