Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Roxborough

Blanks
« on: 04/09/2017 at 21:57 »
got a set of Blackmaster Blanks from High level , 4pc 5wt, bit disappointed cos the Euro is now equal to the poond, and they charge Vat, any way they look like nice Blanks, it's my winter project, :z12 Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

Re: Blanks
« Reply #1 on: 05/09/2017 at 08:38 »
I use HiLevel for a lot of bits and bobs, especially reel seats. Not been charged VAT, but it might be because most things come in a small padded envelope.

I have recently bought some reel seats from Taniwha Rodworks on Etsy and have been impressed. Everything has arrived within 2 days :) The website is not the best but the reel seats are lovely.

I bought one of there "Components  kits" that consisted of handle, reel seat, guides and a winding check and I was pretty impressed.

They also do "sets" of guides that work out cheaper than buying individual guides, and they take care of the sizing etc. Also a handy guide to guide sizes on the site.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: 06/09/2017 at 20:47 »
I was lucky enough to have some bits left from other repairs and  projects, and a couple of nice reel seats, so I am well served with bits, so I thought a set of blanks would keep me out of mischief,  :X2 Derek Roxborough

Travis Jones

« Reply #3 on: 11/10/2017 at 10:20 »
I was lucky enough to have some bits left from other repairs and  projects, and a couple of nice reel seats, so I am well served with bits, so I thought a set of blanks would keep me out of mischief,  :X2 Derek Roxborough

Yup, those blanks would definitely do the trick.  :wink

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com