Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

August
« on: 23/08/2017 at 11:19 »
This weather is starting to get just a tad annoying now ................... :z6

Hamish Young

Re: August
« Reply #1 on: 23/08/2017 at 11:43 »
After a truly biblical amount of rain this morning it's cleared up here near Inverness into a very humid late morning.....

Too many trees turning and it's still only August  :z6 I'm sure we had summer, but I don't quite recall when exactly.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 23/08/2017 at 11:49 »
I think 'Summer' may have been that day at Kylesku Hamish :z4

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #3 on: 23/08/2017 at 12:23 »
It hasn't been bad at all here, typical highland summer , some good and some bad days, fishing has been reasonable, but August was never my favourite month, all the  Equinox weather, floods on Skye and Barra last night, half a gale at the loch yesterday, missed 3 splashy rises,  :z8 , what the hell it's good to get out, :z12 Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 23/08/2017 at 13:19 »
Pleased the rivers (and our well) have been topped up...but fishing the Dee on Friday and its "on its way up" just now.

Hopefully bring some fish in and settle back for Friday :)

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #5 on: 23/08/2017 at 17:36 »
Just back from the River Earn. It has come up 2ft in about an hour.
Bob

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 24/08/2017 at 08:24 »
Feugh was raging last night, but the Dee was steady....fingers crossed.

Dave Robb

« Reply #7 on: 24/08/2017 at 10:27 »
Feugh might be worth a cast or two if your prepared to do battle with the trees.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 24/08/2017 at 15:02 »
Feugh might be worth a cast or two if your prepared to do battle with the trees.

The chap I am taking fishing tomorrow was at the Falls of Feugh this morning, no fish to be seen...but he did see some in the dee at Banchory Lodge.

Dave Robb

« Reply #9 on: 24/08/2017 at 20:58 »
They're in the area then.  Would have thought there would be enough water to get up the falls.

Not fished the Feugh in years and if I did go it would be slumming it out at the association bit, with full tree coverage!  Used to go there a lot as a kid, it was brutal at times when I was trying to learn.

I'm going fishing tomorrow somewhere.  Probably end up on the Don.

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #10 on: 29/08/2017 at 09:03 »
Out yesterday and blown off the water at times.
So what it is good to just be able to get out.
Bob.

Iain Cameron

« Reply #11 on: 29/08/2017 at 19:10 »
aye, been a frustrating month, really, with the rivers going up and doon and never seemingly settled. then the sudden realisation that there's just a month or so to go for the trout.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com