Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Cold Night Last Night
« on: 02/12/2007 at 21:18 »
Well ............ last night was a tad chilly :z6

And this morning, yes, Haddo was frozen over for the first time this winter :shock

Cheers
Mike

Re: Cold Night Last Night
« Reply #1 on: 02/12/2007 at 21:20 »
funny you should say that just put the sameabout pitfour in the reports bit
 :z4

andrew

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 02/12/2007 at 21:23 »
That will help to keep the "black diving birds" out for a while Andrew, sometimes they go off and find open water elsewhere and forget to come back :wink

Cheers
Mike

« Reply #3 on: 02/12/2007 at 21:33 »
Hi mike
I hope so the sea is nice and open and never freezes so i hope they find their way back, non there today at all but then the deer stalker chased them off the last few mornings with rifle and no sign today for first time in a while:grin
However was fun watching the young swans ice skate for the first time

andrew

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 02/12/2007 at 21:39 »
No swans at Haddo today, but the moorhens were hilarious :z4

Mike

« Reply #5 on: 02/12/2007 at 21:45 »
 :z4 think they were here counted 58 today  :!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 02/12/2007 at 21:47 »
58 swans? ................... :?

No wonder you had no cormorants :z12

Cheers
Mike

« Reply #7 on: 02/12/2007 at 21:49 »
does not normally bother them,
but i would rather see the swans than a cormorant any day
andrew

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 03/12/2007 at 08:52 »
andrew,
Can I order a Swan for Christmas  :wink Do you have Cranberry sauce with them, or just gravy  :z8

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #9 on: 03/12/2007 at 16:00 »
Rob,

Sure theres sumthin about having to ask the Queen u tool

Stick to fishing leave the comedy to funny people

Not sure why you seem to relish in the personnal attacks, but if it amuses you, well, good luck!  :mad

And for your information, the queen only "owns" mute swans, hoopers etc have nothing to do with her and can infact be eaten, although the meat is said to be tough and tainted.  :roll

« Reply #10 on: 04/12/2007 at 23:12 »
Yeah Robs right only mute swans belong to the queen well almost each year they round up all the swans on the thames and count them two other companies have a right to own mutes Vintners' and Dyers' Livery Companies, when they round them up one companie marks there swans with one nick on the beek and the other uses two so any unmarked mutes belong to the queen
bewicks and hoopers are classed at wild and owned by noone,
i dont think you can get done for eating one but if you kill one during the nesting season theres a £5000 fine and or 6 months in prision, so look out for road kill swans,

as for cranberry or gravey a quick google search came up with Chaudron sauce see recipe below i would go for cranberry :z4

Dressed Swan or Peacock
`....Chaudron (chawdron) was a special sauce for swans. It was made of the bird's own guts, cut small and boiled in broth with its blood and vinegar and strong spices. It looked blackish and was served hot. Swan was quite often served as an ordinary dish, without the head......

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #11 on: 05/12/2007 at 08:27 »
Thanks for that Andrew, I will keep my eyes open :)

ps. At 2am this morning the air temperature halfway up the hill of Fayre was 16 degrees C...amazing!!!!!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com