Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Sinclair

Guideline Easy Fold Net
« on: 17/07/2017 at 06:58 »
Gents,

Has anyone got any experience with these?  I hate carrying nets around as I am forever getting the bloody things stuck in brambles fences etc etc.

This in theory seems like a viable solution my problem but wondered if anyone had actually had a play with one.

:z18

Steven.

Dave Felce

Re: Guideline Easy Fold Net
« Reply #1 on: 17/07/2017 at 07:20 »
hi Steven,

we got a couple of these from Ed Welker. great service & quality. very quick shipping from the States, too. i've not seen the Guideline one in the flesh, but i'd imagine it's similar.

you need to be careful when lifting anything over about half a pound, but i've managed to get a 3lb trout in....
http://www.handypaknetco.com/

Duncan Inglis

« Reply #2 on: 17/07/2017 at 20:36 »
I have the Guideline net bought from Neil Anderson, Angus Angling in Forfar. Good net that comes in a neoprene pouch. I've attached it to the pouch with a 50cm zinger also bought from Neil so you can deploy it, which it does easily then let it go if the fish takes off again. Only slight issue I've had is if you're in a heavy current and your trying to net the fish "cross current" the frame can bend and close with the force of the water on the net. Solution is get the fish either above or below you so the current keeps the bag and net open. Overall easy to carry and use if required.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 18/07/2017 at 00:52 »
Thanks guys!

Looks like this will be a go-er. Will give my own review once I get my hands on it.

:z18

Steven.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com