Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Felce

all the young dudes....
« on: 14/07/2017 at 22:42 »
as far as i can work out, Fabrizio is 13 years old and making his own videos street-fishing with a fly rod in Milan! how cool is THAT!!?  :z12

Mike Barrio

Re: all the young dudes....
« Reply #1 on: 15/07/2017 at 00:25 »
Great stuff :z16

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 17/07/2017 at 09:02 »
Now that I could fancy....and Cass can go and see the Churches and museums ;)

There is the possibility of doing this in the UK as there are several areas where Carp are now bing found, right in the heart of cities. The immediate one that springs to mind is Canary Warf in London, and some of the surrounding docks, where fish to over 30lb have been caught, but not on the fly.  Cardiff Docks is another noted area and the centre of Norwich.

I have heard of Carp being caught around Craighall in Glasgow, just off the main canal, but they are very few and far between. They are also being spotted On the Union and Forth and Clyde Canals as the water is gin clear, but the guys who are catching them are baiting up and waiting for the carp to visit...its a loooooong walk otherwise. Still, the "potential" is there.

Hogganfield Loch is another Glasgow location, but a place you go in pairs!

I think to become an "urban carp fly fisher" in Scotland you have to have a screw loose and be extremely handy with your fists as some of the areas where carp can be found are in some right rough areas lol

Dave Felce

« Reply #3 on: 17/07/2017 at 09:13 »
not to mention the chance to whip across to the west (Florence) for yet more culture. oh, and the wels & carp.... :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com