Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Fraser Gregory

Please help a newbie out!
« on: 20/06/2017 at 12:49 »
Hi all,

My friend recently took me fly fishing and I am completely hooked, I've now been 4 times and I've never found something so enjoyable and infuriating at the same time, I absolutely love it. Since day one he has reiterated the two most important rules of fly fishing.

1. Always wear sunglasses (avoiding a hook in the eye)
2. Always carry your rod properly behind you.

Unfortunately I failed miserably on the last trip by getting over excited putting the rod out in front of me and digging the ground snapping the rod.

Now I know you can purchase a decent rod very cheap these days but this rod was more than just a rod, It was the rod he was taught to fish on by his old man and has a lot of sentimental value. Of course he has told me not to worry and that accidents happen but I was really hoping to find a replacement section or the same rod.

Its a 9ft Lureflash Viper fly rod 6-7 2 piece which I've been told is a piece of rubbish but I loved it and he loved it. We kept the bottom half so just trying to find a top section.

If anyone knows of anywhere that may be able to help it would really mean a lot.

Thanks

Fraser

Rob Brownfield

Re: Please help a newbie out!
« Reply #1 on: 21/06/2017 at 12:48 »
Ebay would be my first port of call.

Lureflash seems to be gone now with all requests being handled by Yorkshire Game Angling. I would guess that Lureflash folded and YGA bought all the old stock?

YGA might have something sitting around?

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com