Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

NEX Tackle Blanks?
« on: 30/05/2017 at 12:36 »
Anyone build on one of these IM6 blanks from Bulgaria/Ebay?

My boss is after a 9 ft 5 wt for the river and as he is new to fly fishing I want to build him something that's not a casting poker nor a noodle, that does not break the bank.

These blanks look interesting and seem to get good feedback but I was wondering if anyone had one?

Cheers

Liam Stephen

Re: NEX Tackle Blanks?
« Reply #1 on: 30/05/2017 at 12:47 »
I'm still toying with the idea of the 11ft 3wt. Sandy has a 5wt blank.

:z18

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 30/05/2017 at 13:40 »
Rob

they are actually very nice, a little tip heavy by modern Carbon standards, but they are very smooth and can be wound up for so decent distance if required. I liked them a lot, the weight is negated as soon as you use any normal weight fly reel, so is no issue especially at the price. A very nice fishing rod
I still have a couple of 5wt blanks in the green colour, from a cancelled order, so could do you a nice cheap one if you like :z16
Could drop it off with you sometime down the river :z16

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 31/05/2017 at 08:31 »
Rob

they are actually very nice, a little tip heavy by modern Carbon standards, but they are very smooth and can be wound up for so decent distance if required. I liked them a lot, the weight is negated as soon as you use any normal weight fly reel, so is no issue especially at the price. A very nice fishing rod
I still have a couple of 5wt blanks in the green colour, from a cancelled order, so could do you a nice cheap one if you like :z16
Could drop it off with you sometime down the river :z16

Sandy

Many thanks Sandy, a gent as ever. PM'd.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com