Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

News just in.....
« on: 27/04/2017 at 08:16 »
.....the River Don does contain salmon!!

Yip, this snow/rain has brought a few salmon up the river :) Actually saw two last night, one a complete bar of silver, the other was a bit dark. Both were sitting in a bit where I have never seen them before...so a mental note taken for next time!

Mike Barrio

Re: News just in.....
« Reply #1 on: 27/04/2017 at 09:44 »
Nah ..... don't believe you sorry :z4
We need to see photographic evidence once you've caught one Rob :z16

Cheers
Mike

Duncan McRae

« Reply #2 on: 27/04/2017 at 12:45 »
I believe you Rob!

A friend of mine recently had a bar of silver on a March Brown while fishing for trout.I've also heard of another taken from my local beat on a pheasant tail nymph.
Seems using trout tackle is the way to go for the tourists. :cool:

Duncan

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 27/04/2017 at 12:50 »
Nah ..... don't believe you sorry :z4
We need to see photographic evidence once you've caught one Rob :z16

Cheers
Mike

I have a witness Mike!! lol

I gave up trying to catch them within a few weeks of the start of the season! lol

Although naturally I did have a cheeky cast with the Klink and Dink....just in case ;)

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 27/04/2017 at 12:53 »
I believe you Rob!

A friend of mine recently had a bar of silver on a March Brown while fishing for trout.I've also heard of another taken from my local beat on a pheasant tail nymph.
Seems using trout tackle is the way to go for the tourists. :cool:

Duncan

I did indeed throw a PTN at them...just in case! 3 seasons ago I was hitting a lot of salmon on nymphs on the Don.  We were hitting even more in the Winter when Czech Nymphing on the Tay system!

The 14 footer might have to go and I will build myself a 9 weight "nymph" rod and dress a load of PTNs on tubes ;)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com