Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Lochindorb/ Deveron / Loch Park
« on: 24/04/2017 at 16:46 »
Just got back yesterday from a long weekend fishing Lochindorb/ Deveron and Loch Park.  We stayed at the highlander bunk-house in Huntly which is pretty central for fishing these venues and also the Spey.
Bunkhouse is reasonably priced £17 a night, its clean, warm has good facilities , shower rooms etc and also a drying room, it has a well stocked kitchen which is ideal for a few drams after the fishing. Its also bang in the centre of huntly so handy for a pint, chipper or Chinese  :wink

We tubed Dorb on Friday, well till the wind drove us off at lunchtime, we fished the bank after lunch, really hard going, but one of the guys had a couple over the pound, I had a couple of bandies and a Pike  ???

We fished  the Deveron  (saw Liam's name in the book) its a lovely beat with some really nice fly water. Tough going in the morning with a cold downstream wind. For an  hour or so around 14:00 the wind dropped a bit and the temperature rose, stonking hatch of Olives and it was game on  :z4

Park was looking fine with the weed not breaking the surface yet, they have felled a lot of the trees on the opposite bank from the railway which is not so good, upside is they have hard cored the track which made it easier  to walk to the bottom of the loch with your tube . All in all a grand week-end  :cool:

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

Re: Lochindorb/ Deveron / Loch Park
« Reply #1 on: 24/04/2017 at 17:06 »
Great stuff Jim ...... nice photos, looks like you had a grand time :z16

Cheers
Mike

Allan Liddle

« Reply #2 on: 25/04/2017 at 13:20 »
Cracking weekend and fishing was good despite the cold wind.
Landed a nice fish over two on Saturday and one just below the trophy status on Sunday.

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 02/05/2017 at 16:15 »
in terms of permits for Lochindorb where do you get them from  ?
 i may give my new tube a swim this weekend :-)

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 02/05/2017 at 17:11 »
in terms of permits for Lochindorb where do you get them from  ?
 i may give my new tube a swim this weekend :-)

This is the last number I had for it... Caretakers Cottage  01309 651270

Allan Liddle

« Reply #5 on: 02/05/2017 at 22:43 »
No permit required

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com