« Reply #15 on: 24/04/2017 at 10:31 »
Stop mucking about Rob :z4  :z4  :z4
Get yourself an LA34 :wink

Rob Brownfield

Re: Scientific Anglers Reels in UK
« Reply #16 on: 24/04/2017 at 10:44 »
Stop mucking about Rob :z4  :z4  :z4
Get yourself an LA34 :wink

As you know, I recommended one of these to my boss...and yes, he loves it!! And so do I...

Its the weight though Mike. As I am after another one for my bugging rod, I want a very light reel as the outfit is often held at arms length.

Otherwise, I would have ordered one :)

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 24/04/2017 at 10:51 »
I wouldn't have classed the  LA34 ( lines #3-5 ) heavy at 182 grams Rob ....... but we all have different ideas about our gear.

Can't help you out with anything lighter I'm afraid ...... and serves me right for spamming  :z4  :z4  :z4

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #18 on: 25/04/2017 at 08:20 »
I wouldn't have classed the  LA34 ( lines #3-5 ) heavy at 182 grams Rob ....... but we all have different ideas about our gear.

Can't help you out with anything lighter I'm afraid ...... and serves me right for spamming  :z4  :z4  :z4

Cheers
Mike

Not spamming at all!

I am after a very large arbour, but with a very low weight. The SA reel is much wider than your LA23 for about the same weight. Its because I am using a nylon line for nymphing and I found in the winter with the cold, the nylon tended to hold memory on a smaller reel.

My Battenkill LA's are starting to play up and your reels are high on the list of replacements...especially as my logo is on the side ;)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com