Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Nick Jessel

Switch Line, front loop
« on: 30/03/2017 at 11:23 »
Hi all,

I did a bad thing last week. I took a new rod out to cast with the Barrio Switch line I'd bought to matched up with it. A good match they were too.

I performed this try out on the local playing fields here in Louth, as they is no river/lake close by to have such a practice on. The front loop got ripped from its welding as a result of all this grass thrash.

I rewelded another front loop using the Rio level T welding tube kit. Is that the recommended fix for this kind of repair?

Thanks Nick

Rob Brownfield

Re: Switch Line, front loop
« Reply #1 on: 30/03/2017 at 11:35 »
I don't see a problem in that method if you are using poly leaders etc. The two loops should go together well.

I cut my tip on my Switch line back a little as I use it to throw heavy flies so wanted a bit more "momentum" through the leader and I just used a braided loop. I actually like the look of the weld kit.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 30/03/2017 at 11:40 »
I have no experience with the kit, but it sounds like that should be fine Nick :z16

Best wishes
Mike

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 06/04/2017 at 14:21 »
i also cut the tip of my bario switch line back a bit so i got better turnover with my polyleaders :-)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com