Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Ferox fishing
« on: 03/03/2017 at 22:28 »

Gents,

although this is not strictly fly fishing ( I may troll a large fly at some point. When I retired last may and got my package I did what any fisherman would do with the money. I looked for a place on a loch and after I got that I thought I would spend some more on a boat. My original intention was to fish loch style with the fly as normal but I have now decided to go to the dark side and go trolling on the big lochs for Ferox. I have already spoken with a couple of forum members (you know who you are) and one of them has extensive knowledge on the subject which I am hoping to take advantage of with liberal amounts of liquid truth serum :z4

Anyway this is something that I have zero experience of but I am looking forward to stumbling blindly amongst the great glacial lochs of gods country whilst trying to get my head round this new style of fishing.

If you feel that this is acceptable on our fishing the fly forum, I will keep you posted on the success/failure of this venture.

By the way the boat is named after my granddaughter Caitlin who is Steven my son who is on the forums oldest daughter.

hopefully she will bring me luck.

Eddie :z18

Mike Barrio

Re: Ferox fishing
« Reply #1 on: 03/03/2017 at 22:57 »
Great stuff Eddie :z16

Sounds like great fun, I'm looking forward to reading all about your adventures ....... Nice boat  :z12

Cheers
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 03/03/2017 at 23:19 »
Cheers Mike, I promised someone on the forum today that I would show him some pics, so Euan there you go.

Eddie.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 04/03/2017 at 08:03 »
Just need some downriggers and we're good to go 👍

Cheers,

Steven

Iain Cameron

« Reply #4 on: 04/03/2017 at 10:26 »
Eddie

very nice indeed! You can tow your float tube behind it for when you need to jump out with the fly rod!

i,

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 04/03/2017 at 16:35 »
That is a really lovely boat Eddie.
I now see what you mean about being sea worthy. The Pollock better watch out!
The forum source of all things Ferox told me that you had been in touch and I can foresee much truth serum being passed around  in the near future.  Can't wait to get out on  the water. I'll even bring the Gopro so we look like Robson Greens show :z4
How's the front deck for fly casting?

Euan

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #6 on: 04/03/2017 at 19:08 »
its a nice set up, but I know of socalled ferox trout caught on size 12 Zulus, and the T&S has a 10 lb.wild brown caught on fly over in one of the Orkney islands , the trolling up and down doesn't really appeal but good luck, easgach 1

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 04/03/2017 at 19:17 »
Euan,

that is one of the main reasons behind the selection of this boat. The cuddy is held on by clips and can be removed easily allowing the boat to be used for traditional fly fishing on the drift. So if I don't enjoy driving around trolling (I might not, I have never tried it before) then I can revert to my more usual way of trout fishing.

P.S, if you fancy joining me for a trip to the oracle to share in the truth serum, let me know and we can hatch a plan for suitable dates.

Eddie.

Liam Stephen

« Reply #8 on: 04/03/2017 at 19:43 »
That looks awesome Eddie! Looking forward to seeing what adventures you have in it.  :z16

:z18

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: 05/03/2017 at 01:44 »
Eddie

very nice indeed! You can tow your float tube behind it for when you need to jump out with the fly rod!

i,

He sold his. Luckily I still have mine and a kayak that will be deployed for "proper" fishing.

Cheers,

Steven

Euan Innes

« Reply #10 on: 05/03/2017 at 20:36 »
P.S, if you fancy joining me for a trip to the oracle to share in the truth serum, let me know and we can hatch a plan for suitable dates.

Of course I'm in!
He's probably reading this and shaking his head already  :z7  Once the trout season gets under way my car points north a lot, usually with all my rods in it. Ullapool for Pollock might be a good opener.

Euan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com