Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

John Powell

meanwhile, way out West.............
« on: 28/02/2017 at 20:51 »
 I joined the Upper Avon Angling Association ( UAAA ) in South Lanarkshire today
http://www.upperavonangling.co.uk/river-avon
both the river and the reservoir... at £70 (concession) for both it was a good deal - and I didn't want the 15th to arrive without joining one club or another.   I drove out to the loch this afternoon - sunny day - then along the road following the river downstream...not many easy park/access points - but hopefully another member can help me.

this will be my first ever season on a river (and with a split-cane) so hopefully lotsa pictures to follow..... :X2

Farlows 8' 5wt with Farlows Cobra reel

Mike Barrio

Re: meanwhile, way out West.............
« Reply #1 on: 28/02/2017 at 21:52 »
Sounds like you're going to have lots of fun exploring the river John :z16

Cheers
Mike

Peter McCallum

« Reply #2 on: 05/03/2017 at 18:50 »
Jings that brings back memories   :z16 I fished the Avon from lintaugh bridge in stonehouse right up to the resevoir. It was a long time ago between 1973 (ish) and  1987 (ish). cracking river, small but intimate and full of trout, at least it was then but there's no need to think it's changed too much.  I wish you well for the new season.   :z13 :z13

John Powell

« Reply #3 on: 06/03/2017 at 10:51 »
...............  I wish you well for the new season.   :z13 :z13................

thank you
I tried once on a day ticket  for grayling there many winters ago - not a clue, so nothing......... :X2

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com