Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Sinclair

Re: Carry On Camping ........
« Reply #45 on: 01/02/2018 at 11:53 »
Mike,

Provided I am in country I am most definitely up for this  :z16

The Delica camper should be finished next time I am home and this is exactly the sort of trips it was bought for.  I'd be more than happy with Durness or Assynt but beings as I have never fished in Assynt that would be my choice of the two. (though Durness is rather special  :cool:

Dad,

Perhaps you could share some pictures of previous fish from over the years. (the connection is too slow on the rig for me to do it) That may persuade others to join  :wink

:z18

Steven.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #46 on: 01/02/2018 at 18:03 »
Not to keen on tents  :wink but might be up for it assuming work and or family do not get in the way

Jim

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #47 on: 02/02/2018 at 02:08 »
Jim,

for auld mannies like us there is a very comfortable cottage on the Kyle of Durness which sleeps 6 and is £70.00 per night so less than £12.00 per head.

It is rented through the same chap as the fishing.

Obviously it depends on availability but I have used tents and I have used the cottage. Both are acceptable but the cottage is way more comfortable.

Eddie.

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #48 on: 02/02/2018 at 16:07 »
Turned my works van a Citroen Dispatch in to a fishing hut. Large gas bottle and a good air bed and sleeping bag. Away on the Friday afternoon and not back until the Sunday morning. A good bottle of malt and plenty to eat. Used to park sometimes across from the road at Moulinearn on the Tummel.
Listing to the river chattering by with a extra large dram in ones hand, that is a real heaven.
Bob.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #49 on: 02/02/2018 at 16:19 »
Jim,

for auld mannies like us there is a very comfortable cottage on the Kyle of Durness which sleeps 6 and is £70.00 per night so less than £12.00 per head.

It is rented through the same chap as the fishing.

Obviously it depends on availability but I have used tents and I have used the cottage. Both are acceptable but the cottage is way more comfortable.

Eddie.

Hey less of the auld Eddie  :z4

Aye count me in

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com