Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Unlucky for some?
« on: 19/11/2007 at 21:53 »
A quick question

It arose in conversation the other day whether or not we should make a serial No.13 Barrio fly rod.

no.13 is the next one to be made.

personally i would be inclined to actually want the no.13 rod just to be different, as opposed to be superstitious about it.

I just wondered does anyone think it we should miss it out? like they used to do with house numbers :roll

Or just carry on our numerical sequence without giving it a thought? as i was going too until some smart arse brought up the notion :z7

Sandy

Mike Barrio

Re: Unlucky for some?
« Reply #1 on: 19/11/2007 at 22:08 »
A quick question

It arose in conversation the other day whether or not we should make a serial No.13 Barrio fly rod.

no.13 is the next one to be made.

personally i would be inclined to actually want the no.13 rod just to be different, as opposed to be superstitious about it.

I just wondered does anyone think we should miss it out? like they used to do with house numbers :roll

Or just carry on our numerical sequence without giving it a thought? as i was going to until some smart arse brought up the notion :z7

Sandy

Hi Sandy :cool:

Good idea ..... asking the question on here :wink

It will hopefully save us having hours of fun arguing about it ourselves :z7

Any thoughts folks? ......................... Would you buy "serial number 13"?

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 19/11/2007 at 22:40 »
Hi,
Number 13 seems quite lucky for me (also born on 13th) so would not put me off buying anything with serial number 13, if you make it number 14 it will still be the 13th rod made :!

andrew

Tam Greenock

« Reply #3 on: 19/11/2007 at 22:41 »
You aint gonna believe this but l am going to have the number 13 on my Barrio, my late dad and l used to race radio controlled stock cars about 20 years ago and he had the number 13 on his car and l had 14, you had to build a lot of stuff yourself on the cars mainly because no one made a kit. l have always had an affinity with those two numbers, l even call myself Tam1314 on some football forums, when he died l took the number 13 and my son got my number 14.

Now l know that has nothing to do with whether you continue the sequence or not, but its certainly not unlucky in my eyes

Tam

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 20/11/2007 at 08:23 »
l even call myself Tam1314

very patriotic, i like it, especially when it comes to the Auld enemy :z7

Sandy

fishfingers

« Reply #5 on: 21/11/2007 at 00:32 »
was born on the 13th myself,go for it, as long as its made on a friday :z4

Peter McCallum

« Reply #6 on: 21/11/2007 at 20:47 »
regardless of whether you put 13 on it or not it's going to be the 13th rod made. If you don't make it then the next one you make will be no 13. Go for it, the superstition thing is just rubbish

Peter

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 22/11/2007 at 00:22 »
regardless of whether you put 13 on it or not it's going to be the 13th rod made. If you don't make it then the next one you make will be no 13. Go for it, the superstition thing is just rubbish

Peter

Yes, I agree now
The rod is the 13th so it will have number 13 on it :wink

Thanks everyone
Mike

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #8 on: 22/11/2007 at 21:19 »
Yes, I agree now

About bloody time too :z7  See I told you so!!  (always wanted to say that :z4)

So 13 it is and someone will get a special little rod :wink

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 04/12/2007 at 00:03 »
Hi folks :cool:

"Number 13" is now for sale on the main website :wink

See: http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/online-fishing-tackle-shop.html

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Tam Greenock

« Reply #10 on: 08/12/2007 at 10:54 »
My Barrio rod is almost finished, will try to post some pics of it in the gallery soon

Mike Barrio

« Reply #11 on: 08/12/2007 at 20:38 »
My Barrio rod is almost finished, will try to post some pics of it in the gallery soon

Hi Tam

Can't wait to see it :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com