Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Tom Benson

New Hardy Perfect Reel
« on: 20/03/2017 at 15:41 »

Folks , Birthday nigh : should I request the latest Hardy Perfect ? Would be used , mostly for small stillwaters & small
                      Rivers ............ :X2 :X2 :X2 :X2 :z18 :z18 :z18 :z18

Sandy Nelson

Re: New Hardy Perfect Reel
« Reply #1 on: 21/03/2017 at 08:39 »
HI Tom

I have them in 3 1/8th and 3 3/8ths beautiful pieces of Kit and made in the UK too :z16
The click drag is sensitive enough and not too loud, I love mine to bits (i have a pair of old ones too in the same sizes)
They deal with the decent brownies i chase with no problems, so should suit you requirements.

Another option to look at, is the last of the W M Salter and Grandson reels, i have one those as well and its a beautiful piece of kit.
Handmade by Gary Mills in the UK, Rare too and not many left (2 or 3 i believe)

:z18

Sandy

Tom Benson

Re: New Hardy Perfect Reel
« Reply #2 on: 24/03/2017 at 14:10 »
         Hi Sandy,
                             thanks for the info ; my Perfect 3 3/8" has arrived : by guile / cunning I have had a sneak look.
                              To paraphrase Falkus ... truly a perfect reel ! As I try to concentrate my fly fishing on small still waters ,
                               small Rivers & the occasional Sea trout ( when available ) , then , sensibly will buy the next size up .
                               Have you any experience of the Taupo , or the next model?
                               Still awaiting, to finish my 5wt. 5 rivers blank ( with handle fitted ) & a Harrison 5wt. (( handle fitted )) ; both 9'
                                Meanwhile ........ have started fishing .............. I live in Suffolk : limited ......
                                Tom :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com