Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Graeme Inglis

Re Which Blank
« on: 18/02/2017 at 20:30 »
I haven't been on here for a while but noted that someone a while back was looking for a lightweight blank. 
I have just finished building this blank;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEXTackle-LL-Nymph-10ft-4wt-4pc-IM6-30T-Carbon-Fly-Fishing-Rod-Blank-/302221889926?hash=item465dd41186:g:dCoAAOSwLnBX7Mib
This is the second blank I have had from these people in Bulgaria and I'm very impressed.  I was bored post New Year  in 2016 and decided to build another rod, not needing another rod I looked for the cheapest blank I could find, the result was a 8' 6"  #4 from these people, it arrived quickly and did the job of alleviating my boredom.  out of interest I test cast it and soon found it was the equal to my 9'  #4 Guideline Fario. 
On the back of this I decided to buy the above 10' blank it was recently finished and once again I was impressed.  So I took it to the N Esk today where I was fishing with my cousin and fishing buddy with rising water and no fish showing  I brought the rod out for him to try, he was seriously impressed, this in both our opinions will make a cracking dry fly rod.
So don't be put off by the fact that they come from Bulgaria the service was excellent, the blanks arriving within a week and the price ... well you can see that for yourselves.  Try them you wont be disappointed.
This isn't a sales pitch I have no connection with the vendors, it's just having paid well over a hundred pounds for blanks in the past that have disappointed, these guys are a breath of fresh air.

Liam Stephen

Re: Re Which Blank
« Reply #1 on: 18/02/2017 at 20:58 »
I'm looking at one of these blanks to build my first rod on. They get a lot of good press and at £40ish plus shipping I'll not cry as much if I mess it up!  :z4

Liam

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 20/02/2017 at 11:41 »
I haven't been on here for a while but noted that someone a while back was looking for a lightweight blank. 
I have just finished building this blank;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEXTackle-LL-Nymph-10ft-4wt-4pc-IM6-30T-Carbon-Fly-Fishing-Rod-Blank-/302221889926?hash=item465dd41186:g:dCoAAOSwLnBX7Mib
This is the second blank I have had from these people in Bulgaria and I'm very impressed.  I was bored post New Year  in 2016 and decided to build another rod, not needing another rod I looked for the cheapest blank I could find, the result was a 8' 6"  #4 from these people, it arrived quickly and did the job of alleviating my boredom.  out of interest I test cast it and soon found it was the equal to my 9'  #4 Guideline Fario. 
On the back of this I decided to buy the above 10' blank it was recently finished and once again I was impressed.  So I took it to the N Esk today where I was fishing with my cousin and fishing buddy with rising water and no fish showing  I brought the rod out for him to try, he was seriously impressed, this in both our opinions will make a cracking dry fly rod.
So don't be put off by the fact that they come from Bulgaria the service was excellent, the blanks arriving within a week and the price ... well you can see that for yourselves.  Try them you wont be disappointed.
This isn't a sales pitch I have no connection with the vendors, it's just having paid well over a hundred pounds for blanks in the past that have disappointed, these guys are a breath of fresh air.

I have been looking at the 11 foot 3 weight for "Euro" nymphing...what is the action like on the 10 footer?

Thanks

Graeme Inglis

« Reply #3 on: 21/02/2017 at 22:24 »
The 10' is  stunning , not just my opinion but those of one of my fishing buddies as well.  I cannot believe the action of these blanks, when I think of the money I have spent on others.  Put it this way, they have a 9'  5#, if I got that I could flog my 6# and 4# Guideline Fario's I bought new last season and not miss them at all!  And I'm seriously thinking of doing that!!

G

Liam Stephen

« Reply #4 on: 21/02/2017 at 22:45 »
Vette G  :z16

Do you have any pics of your build? I love seeing custom builds and am looking for inspiration!

:z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 22/02/2017 at 08:32 »
  I cannot believe the action of these blanks,

Tippy, all through, fast, slow?

I have a 10 foot #4 I built for Czech Nymphing, based on one of the PacBay Quickline blanks and that too is a stunner.  Those that have waggled it have thought its a £400-£500 rod. The blank was £80. Light, responsive and very straight!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com