Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

River Don 2017
« on: 07/02/2017 at 12:06 »
Annual March to the River Don

The Annual March to the River Don at Inverurie to celebrate the start of the new season is on Saturday 11th of February.

This event is organised by Inverurie Angling Association and is open to all anglers, families and friends. The March will leave from the Kintore Arms Hotel at 9.30 am and head down to the Don Bridge to bless the river. Tea, coffee and biscuits will be available inside the hotel prior to the March.

Brian Brand

Re: River Don 2017
« Reply #1 on: 10/02/2017 at 18:31 »
Hi,
See you tomorrow really looking forward to it.
Though you will all get a warm welcome you will need your winter woolies.
All the best,
Brian.

Liam Stephen

« Reply #2 on: 10/02/2017 at 20:18 »
Who's heading out tomorrow?

The river looks in good shape. Hopefully the cold start will be worth it!

:z18

Ali Mcewan

« Reply #3 on: 14/02/2017 at 16:15 »
I hear they had a springer up at kildrummy yesterday , a good start this early

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 20/02/2017 at 11:37 »
Fished an ADAA beat on Friday, and unfortunately witnessed some of the worst behaviour by "fellow anglers" that I have seen.

Without names or membership numbers they cannot be reported.

Mark Zhang

« Reply #5 on: 20/02/2017 at 15:36 »
Fished an ADAA beat on Friday, and unfortunately witnessed some of the worst behaviour by "fellow anglers" that I have seen.

In my club, we will remind people every year. If you can't control yourself, please leave. I think it should be part of your annually news letter.

Regards,

Mark

Liam Stephen

« Reply #6 on: 20/02/2017 at 15:39 »
What happened Rob?

Last season it became clear that even with names and membership numbers certain individuals were above the law. 

:z18

Iain Cameron

« Reply #7 on: 20/02/2017 at 15:57 »

Quote from: Rob on Today at 11:37:00

hi Rob,

Not good. 
I would in any case report any misbehaviour to secretary@adaa.org.uk  - stating time, location, description of incident and of anglers.  I know from my committee stint that we would sometimes get such reports  from a couple of sources, or sometimes committee members or beat conveners had been out and about, and cross referencing  helped  to identify  miscreants. No one likes telling tales, but the club rules are there to be respected.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 20/02/2017 at 16:54 »
I will report it.

Dave Robb

« Reply #9 on: 21/02/2017 at 00:05 »
I will stick a fiver on the incident being at Cothal.

I've only just rejoined the ADAA having taken a few years off but Cothal could sometimes be a bit of a mare with some of the older heads.

I've stuck to the Ythan so far this season,

Andy Finlay

« Reply #10 on: 21/02/2017 at 22:34 »

Wasn't my attempts at casting a double hander was it  :oops Went somewhere quite as well so no one could complain about my (lack of) technique.
In all seriousness complain, I saw a few things last year that pissed me off but didn't do anything about it but will do this year.

Neill Cameron

« Reply #11 on: 23/02/2017 at 11:19 »
why  not  join   a  local  club  next  year.  kintore .   inverurie.  or kemnay.

Duncan McRae

« Reply #12 on: 27/02/2017 at 10:00 »
Fished a middle Don beat on Friday.The water was coloured with snow melt so tried a wee spinner for Salmon.
This is my fourth after work session and I have yet to see or catch a Salmon kelt.
It appears that there is a lack of Salmon kelts throughout the Don which suggests a very poor spawning season.

On the plus side,i have picked up four seatout kelts so far, which might suggest that the seatrout run was good last season.I certainly hope so!

My two kelts from Friday.One of which is remarkably well mended for so early in the season.The other fairly typical.

Brian Johnstone

« Reply #13 on: 27/02/2017 at 19:24 »
Kintore Angling Club
2017 Brown Trout Permits, now available:- Adult £70.00, Junior 15yrs and under FREE.
Two Free Guest Day Tickets for each paid up member. Download Application Form, Rules & Beat Map :-
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cv25xlw6jlfvity/AAC-HydPBhUHytDuJpF3lHgCa?dl=0
Contact Neill Cameron 07702 181416 or Brian Johnstone 07710 409629.

Pete Winn

« Reply #14 on: 28/02/2017 at 19:53 »
Good to get out last Saturday, unfortunately no pot of Silver at the end of the rainbow!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com