Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery
« on: 07/02/2017 at 10:43 »
The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that we have a new forum member 'Vivian at Haddo' ( Vivian Fallon ).

Vivian used to fish Haddo when I was there and has just become the new fishery owner :z16

I know he has a lot of work to do to get the lake ship shape, but I believe he has already had a couple of folk fishing it. Vivian can be contacted on 07894 835232

Liam Stephen

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery
« Reply #1 on: 07/02/2017 at 12:32 »
I was hoping this was the case! Great news, hopefully it can get back to its former glory.  :z16

:z18

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 07/02/2017 at 13:41 »
What Liam said  :z16

I wish you the best of luck Vivian. It was my favourite wee still water. Hopefully you can get it back to how it used to be  :cool:

Steven

Liam Stephen

« Reply #3 on: 07/02/2017 at 14:18 »
I've decided I'll try it on Thursday depending on the weather.  :cool:

Seriously chuffed it's fishable again!

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 08/02/2017 at 21:48 »
Good luck Vivian, I wish you all the best. Need to get out and wet a line there again.

Jim

Ewan Lindsay

« Reply #5 on: 09/02/2017 at 05:32 »
Excellent!  ;D Already added you to my speed dial!

Best of luck and I hope to be seeing a lot of you at Haddo this season.

Regs,

Ewan

Vivian Fallon

« Reply #6 on: 09/02/2017 at 10:32 »
To the Gentleman who wishes to fish today, Thursday, I am afraid it is the only day this week that it is closed, due to a prior arrangement. The lake will be open Friday onwards. Apologies  Vivian

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 09/02/2017 at 11:01 »
Welcome to the forum Vivian :z16

I don't think anybody has called Liam a gentleman before :z4  :z4  :z4

Cheers
Mike

Liam Stephen

« Reply #8 on: 09/02/2017 at 11:50 »
Vivian no worries. I'm just up and the weathers not great.

Gentleman - I like that!   :z4 :z7

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: 09/02/2017 at 11:52 »
You mean you're not the girl in your signature?   :z7

Steven

Liam Stephen

« Reply #10 on: 09/02/2017 at 11:54 »
Sadly not Steven........

She's a good friend of mine though!  :X2

Vivian Fallon

« Reply #11 on: 09/02/2017 at 13:37 »
Haddo is open however please call me on my mobile number or house number to check, as it can be frozen this time of year.

Report for Haddo Trout Fishery, Friday 3rd Feb, water clear quite a bit of weed but clear where it matters. 3 fish caught by Viv on a small woolly bugger, 1X 5ib and 1X 4lb rainbow and a 1.5lb well spotted brownie. Sat 4th Feb , 7 fish to Kenneth James Arbuthnotte of Torphins largest approx. 4lb , 9 fish to Alec Whyte of Bucksburn, largest between 4 to 5lb, and 2 fish to Clint Parsons, all rainbows. Fly olive damsel type. Haddo is currently down to 2 boats however more coming in the next couple of weeks. Weather permitting de-weeding program to start ASAP for a couple of weeks, followed by a stocking. Apologies the loo is out of commission due to a leaky roof, this will be fixed as soon as possible. Over the next couple of months a lot of work is planned for Haddo Fishery, after the de-weeding most will be on the bank which I hope will not distract from the fishing so please bear with us. The work hopefully will enhance your fishing experience.

There has been no one fishing this week even myself as I have started to de-weed the lake. I have started at the end closest to the entrance and intend carry on down to the fishing hut. As I am doing this by hand it will take a week or so. The other end of the lake is fishable towards the copper beech trees but not passed the island. Once I get the weed out I shall be re-stocking. After which I shall start on the banks and facilities. I am quite happy to have a couple of people fishing whilst the work is carried out......................................Vivian

PS in case anyone is wondering I am a he not a she........Viv

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com