Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Jim Eddie

Loch of Logie
« on: January 30, 2017, 18:56:17 PM »
The Loch of Logie syndicate is looking for new members. I'ts catch and release with barbless hooks. Set in a picturesque  setting on the old Logie Estate outside the village of Crimmond.
Its 200 for the year, for which you can fish 24/7, 365 days of the year, works out at  0.55 per day  :wink

There is a toilet  and bothy  at the loch.

Anyone interested contact Malcolm at the number on the link or message him facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/lochoflogie/about/?ref=page_internal

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Ashley Thomas

Re: Loch of Logie
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 16:35:15 PM »
Logie was where I learnt to fly fish as a junior. beautiful & peaceful setting and was always a joy to fish, will maybe join again one day.. glad to hear it is still on the go  :z16

Ash

Ashley Thomas

Re: Loch of Logie
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 23:27:21 PM »
Fished Logie today for a trip down memory lane.. and yet again it failed to disappoint. Bright but lovely weather and hungry trout made it hard for me to complain.

Managed 6 or so fish in a two hour trip, with a few more lost. All fish fell to size 14 PTN's and size 16 HE's.

The buzzer hatch I witnessed today was the biggest I've ever seen; shucks galore  :z5

Sad to have came across that the bothy had been vandalised, it's a shame that there's still low-lifes around that think this is acceptable to do, however the loch is in cracking nick and I highly recommend giving it a go  :z16

Cheers,
Ash
 :z18

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum