Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Kemnay Angling Club Fishings 2017
« on: 24/01/2017 at 23:33 »
Kemnay Angling Club Fishings:
Beat 1 of the Kemnay Angling Club Fishings on the River Don commences at Kemnay Bridge and continues north west ( towards Monymusk beat ) for approximately 1.5 miles. The beat is primarily single bank fishing, but some double bank fishing is available at the top end of the beat, this is clearly signposted to keep all members and visitors on the right side of the law. ( 4 pools )

Two visitor permits are available per day ( Monday to Friday ) excluding October.
The day fishing permits are available from Sloans of Inverurie and FishPal
Annual Membership is available to residents of Kemnay and the surrounding area. Adult, Concession and Junior memberships are available. Associate memberships are available to non-residents when endorsed by a member.
For season permits and membership details, please contact Gordon McDonald (Secretary) telephone 01467 642926, or Jamie Urquhart (Chairman) telephone 01467 641395

James Laraway

Re: Kemnay Angling Club Fishings 2017
« Reply #1 on: 25/01/2017 at 07:33 »
I used to be a member at Kemnay, its a lovely beat and well worth a look. Also  it is not heavily fished. Some nice trout too, i have seen a few caught over 5lbs there....by accident....

Phil Duncan

« Reply #2 on: 26/01/2017 at 17:08 »
hello...i was involved at lot with the club along with stanley clark...if i wasnt on the banks something was wrong..but then work started to get in the way and now im  in canada..still have a walk up when i travel back..many an early morning..late nite fly fishing..

Mark Zhang

« Reply #3 on: 27/01/2017 at 15:01 »
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information. I'm a member of this club. There are two beats can hold fish all year around and a lots of trout water. There are only about 20 members in this club, so the most of evening I will be my own on the beat. The only thing you need to consider is that the car parks are at both end, you need to do some walking :z4. If you need someone to endorse you, please drop me a message.  (£150 for adult member, £75 for senior) Cheers.

Happy Chinese new year and tight lines!

Mark

Jamie Urquhart

« Reply #4 on: 14/03/2017 at 20:31 »
Hi All
Just to follow on from Mark's comment (thanks Mark)
We have a small membership at the club and plenty of occasions to fish the beat on your own.

IMHO Its a cracking beat with plenty of brownies with some lumpers in there as well. My PB is 4lb but I've seen bigger during some tagging work with the Don Trust. Salmon,  as Mark suggested tend to hold in a couple of deep pools but can be caught throughout the beat and throughout the season a nice variety of water.
Walking the banks is easy due to grazing and some new styles have improved access over fences. We also have just secured some additional car parking in the middle of the beat, which will help cut the distance to the pools. Were presently revamping the beat map but have a look on Fishpal Kemany AC fishery description for more details

Two visitor permits are available per day ( Monday to Saturday) excluding October.
The day fishing permits are available from Sloans of Inverurie and FishPal
Annual Membership is available to residents of Kemnay and the surrounding area. Adult (£150), Concession (£75) and Junior (£25) memberships are available. Associate (£150) memberships are available to non-residents when endorsed by a member.
For season permits and membership details, please contact Gordon McDonald (Secretary) telephone 01467 642926, or Jamie Urquhart (Chairman) telephone 01467 641395

Cheers Jamie Urquhart

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 14/03/2017 at 20:48 »
Hi Jamie ...... welcome to the forum :z16

Thanks for the info, I must come and fish it when I get a chance :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Jamie Urquhart

« Reply #6 on: 16/03/2017 at 07:41 »
Hi Mike
Thanks once again and please do you would be welcome to come and have a cast anytime. Tight lines for 2017
Best regards Jamie

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com