Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

The Deveron
« on: 17/11/2007 at 00:16 »
One of the things that I would like to do next season is to have a go at tempting a River Deveron Brownie :z3

The Bridge of Marnoch area certainly looks "fishy" .......... Would this be a good place to try?

Best wishes
Mike

Paul Rankine

Re: The Deveron
« Reply #1 on: 17/11/2007 at 01:02 »
Mike

Yes .
This area is full of troot averaging 1/2 lb , which will accept almost anything in early season and nothing else the rest of the year due to the waders.

Paul.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 17/11/2007 at 01:16 »
Thanks Paul :z16

Are trout anglers welcome on the Deveron?

No, I'm not being funny or looking to start a "tricky" thread by the way :wink

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 17/11/2007 at 07:43 »
Indeed they are Mike  :z16

I was supposed to be going out for a day this season past with your friend and mine Allan Liddle - folks may recall a piece done by Paul Procter which Allan was heavily involved with -  but I ran out of time and we never got it organised (mental note to self - must do better in '08).

Some folk rate the Deveron above the Don for free rising trout; I remain to be convinced but I hope to find out next season  :z3

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 17/11/2007 at 17:16 »
Hi Hamish

Re: "I remain to be convinced" ......... An excuse for a grand day out, great stuff :wink

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #5 on: 17/11/2007 at 17:20 »
My thinking exactly Mr B  :cool:

Jim Eddie

« Reply #6 on: 17/11/2007 at 19:12 »
Trout anglers may be welcome, but they still have to pay Salmon fishing prices.

Deveron is a cracking river , 5th in the top  5 Salmon rivers of Scotland  , Largest UK fly caught Salmon (to a woman again) , arguably the largest river caught Brownie  on its tributory the Isla. Frank at Turrif tackle can usaully give you good advice.

:z18

Jim   

sightbob

« Reply #7 on: 18/11/2007 at 21:10 »
dunlugas is regarded as one of the best beats for trout on the deveron and i will be giving it a go next season i beleive it's around £20 a day in april /may. anyone welcome to come along.
cheers
brian.
http://www.fishingthedeveron.co.uk/Dunlugas.htm

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com