Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

SealSkinz gloves
« on: 21/12/2016 at 10:42 »

For a few years now i have been using SealSkinz ultragrip gloves for my fishing as i can happily fly fish with them on.

i see they have a new set of gloves out called Dragon Eye gloves - has anyone tried fishing with them on ?

Mike Barrio

Re: SealSkinz gloves
« Reply #1 on: 21/12/2016 at 10:54 »
Fixed that for you James .... I think you copy/pasted a bit more than you intended :z4

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 21/12/2016 at 14:38 »
I use the sealskin shooting gloves as they have the fold back fore finger and thumb, which is handy when using a centrepin reel etc. However, they are most certainly not 100% waterproof and once wet, seem to go very cold.

I have to say I have found the Orvis fold over or fingerless fleece gloves to be just as good and a lot cheaper and often my first choice out the two. Even when wet, a quick wring out and they keep my hands warm.

I also have a sealskin "beanie" and again, disappointed in it. A cheap Thinsulate one is warmer and just as waterproof.

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 21/12/2016 at 16:14 »
the good thing about the ultragrip gloves is they are fully fingered and yet you can fly fish with them on  - perfect for those autumn days out with a flyrod when you dont want the cold water pulled over your fingers :-)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com