Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Sale at Hilltrek Clothing
« on: 17/12/2016 at 08:53 »
[facebook]https://www.facebook.com/Hilltrekoutdoorclothing/photos/a.457195581075054.1073741827.456926991101913/1058196510974955/?type=3&theater[/facebook]

Derek Roxborough

Re: Sale at Hilltrek Clothing
« Reply #1 on: 17/12/2016 at 15:08 »
Nice Jackets Mike, but I would want a weeks fishing and a Jacket for the prices, :cool: There is a firm in North wales that does stuff for the Military You can get new or refurbished at reasonable prices , I have lost the address just now I will see if I can get it , :X1 easgach 1

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: 17/12/2016 at 21:41 »
Try Baileys, at the armystore.co.uk a good selection of decent gear , easgach 1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 19/12/2016 at 16:19 »
Nice Jackets Mike, but I would want a weeks fishing and a Jacket for the prices, :cool: There is a firm in North wales that does stuff for the Military You can get new or refurbished at reasonable prices , I have lost the address just now I will see if I can get it , :X1 easgach 1

As someone who is issued the latest military kit for free, I can wear it to my hearts content, and when knackered, I can exchange it in the stores for new.
-  I choose to buy my own Paramo Velez  jacket

I also used to get free North Face mountain kit. The 4-ply Goretex jacket retailed at £600, and let me down in under 2 years.
- Again,  I bought my own Paramo Aspire.

I think what is most telling is that many organisations, including Aberdeen, Braemar, the RAF and the Police MRTs all use Paramo.

What's £250 over 14 years, especially if it keeps you alive, which my normal Velez has on a few occasions in the 14 years I have had it. I have it with me today, and its still keeping me warm and dry :)

It is very rare I would say this, but with Paramo, you are paying for genuine quality, not marketing or a name as they don't market, they don't have big research budgets, they just produce quality garments.

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 19/12/2016 at 18:17 »
Everything Rob said!  :z16
I have a Paramo Cascada jacket that is  twenty years old this year. It had a new zip fitted by Paramo about four years ago but it is still very water proof and still looks like new. It is now my saltwater fishing jacket.
I also have a Velez jacket, a  Halcon jacket and a Fuera windproof smock all in olive green from Paramo's naturally Paramo range. Water proof Cascada overtrousers and windproof Fuera trousers go with a Paramets shirt, T-shirt and original Explorer fleece. My wife has two jackets and overtrousers, fleeces and shirts. All of these garments constantly perform flawlessly whatever the weather and have been the best value outdoor gear that I have ever used. The Velez in summer rain is fantastic and the windproof Fuera is always within reach.
Yes they are expensive but still less than some of the Goretex crap that is on the market today. The aftermarket service is also second to none.
I you have the money go to Hiltrek.

Euan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 19/12/2016 at 22:43 »
I must head up there and have a browse  :z16

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 20/12/2016 at 08:42 »
And don't forget that Hilltrek have a manufacturing facility and the rights to use the Paramo Analogy system.

This means you can go in and custom design a jacket from scratch, or as they did with Cassies Velez, add custom bits.

So, you can get a fishing jacket exactly the way you want it, or you could buy their Dee wading jacket that they already produce and that is made to measure.
http://www.hilltrek.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Dee_Chest_Wading_Jacket.html

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #7 on: 20/12/2016 at 22:01 »
Aye you lads must hae  more money than us poor pensioners ,  :cool:  easgach 1

Hamish Young

« Reply #8 on: 22/12/2016 at 15:58 »
Aye you lads must hae  more money than us poor pensioners ,  :cool:  easgach 1
Trade in your bus pass :? :z17  :z4

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #9 on: 22/12/2016 at 19:22 »
Any offers Hamish, I believe it may be Illegal to do it any way, as I can get to Edinburgh for 50p. wouldn't I be daft to get rid of it? any way, while I have a Mil spec Goretex , My regular jacket is a Mountain warehouse with waterproof zips, no logos or any thing   :X2 easgach 1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 23/12/2016 at 09:26 »
while I have a Mil spec Goretex ,

This does always make me giggle :)

The military has an amusing way of procuring equipment. It ignores feedback from the troops, it listens to the accountants and it is approved by the desk jockeys :)

I have been in and out of military uniform since 1982 (ouch!) and been issued with all the latest waterproofs, including 4 types of goretex, and I still buy my own civilian version :) Only the very latest PCS system has started to show some understanding of layering/cold weather/waterproof needs.

The MoD looked at what troops bought themselves (Snugpak, Buffalo, Montaine etc) and then got the Chinese to copy them, with compromised details, inferior materials and the most bizarre sizing structure whereby there is no size comparison between a 38" t-shirt, fleece, wind shirt, smock or waterproof jacket! Sizing is often pot luck.

Hamish Young

« Reply #11 on: 23/12/2016 at 20:27 »

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #12 on: 24/12/2016 at 17:41 »
That wont get me one of those Jackets,now will it?I do have a sleeka Jacket , but I bought that when I wis working,as I did with the Mil spec goretex, I liked the Gore tex as it was Knee length, so it didn't drip on yer @rse when it wis pouring down, I will wait , My son in the US  will not buy any clothing with a logo on, and he has more money than soft Mick,he works for a huge on line firm as their security soft ware writer, no I wont ask him for one, :X2, I will wait 'til I get back to the States, I missed a nice jacket in the local thrift shop, I got a Columbia fleece for $12 as new,but there was a Paramo  Ski Jacket for $16 , in nice nick , :z4 but some one beat me to it, any hoo, Merry Xmas  to you all and tight lines for 2017, :z12  easgach 1

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #13 on: 05/01/2017 at 09:29 »
Paramo  Ski Jacket for $16 , in nice nick ,

Paramo do not make ski wear ??

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #14 on: 05/01/2017 at 16:03 »
well this one still had a ski lift pass clipped on it , so some one hadn't read the blurb, you can ski in any thing I remember seeing guys in Aviemore in the early 60's skiing in tweeds and plus 4's, aye those were the days  :cool: easgach 1

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com